Senior Manager- MedTech Product Security
Johnson & Johnson’s MedTech Product Security team is recruiting for an experienced Product Security Senior Manager role to be based in Danvers, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
The Product Security Senior Manager will be responsible for implementation of J&J’s enterprise Product Security strategy and framework throughout Johnson & Johnson Abiomed’s medical device portfolio. This includes identifying key strategy and goals, collaborating with internal organizations on existing process and policy enhancements, creating and communicating metrics to senior management, identifying communications plans and raising overall awareness of the capability. Specific responsibilities include supporting Abiomed throughout a new product’s development phases, create and review product security requirements, recommend security design solutions, help complete quality documentation, threat modelling, penetration testing, software architecture review and design recommendations, code analysis and other security testing or work as needed.
Additionally, post market responsibilities for Abiomed marketed devices include monitoring for new vulnerabilities, assisting with patching and remediation plans, as well as supporting the response to customer security questionnaires and security language within contractual agreements collaborating with a deployment team.
- A core member of the Abiomed Product Security Team collaborating with cross functional teams to achieve best patients outcomes through building relationships with various stakeholders.
- Champion Product Security strategy and objectives within Abiomed.
- Partner with internal organizations to enhance existing processes and policies.
- Create and present Product Security metrics to management.
- Responsible and accountable to implement Product Security governance model in collaboration with various stakeholders for Abiomed pre and post market medical devices.
- Perform automated code scanning and coordinate formal security testing.
- Support customer cybersecurity questionnaires and contractual language for post-market medical devices in close collaboration with a deployment team.
- Experience utilizing SCA, binary, or other scanning tools or methodologies to compile a Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) and Manufacturer Disclosure Statement for Medical Device Security (MDS2).
- Other MedTech cybersecurity related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience and Skills:
- 10 years of IT or cybersecurity experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in leadership roles within information technology or cybersecurity functions.
- Threat modeling experience.
- Data privacy experience, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Understanding of HIPAA/HITRUST & ISO 27001.
- Understanding of penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, CVSS and/or other general security testing principles.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out security opportunities within ABIOMED.
- Knowledge of traditional and real-time operating systems (i.e. QNX, Windows Embedded) hardening techniques.
- Ability to create and deliver cybersecurity awareness campaigns and other communications.
- Ability to translate technical security requirements into solutions.
- Ability to provide secure coding recommendations.
- Ability to lead large projects and proven ability to track to project plan timelines from a security perspective.
- Ability to write technical security requirements for embedded systems and web platforms.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Customer focus (internal & external).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to network, interface and influence at all levels of the organization, cross sector, cross-functionally and globally.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience leading or participating in formal security audits (i.e. HITRUST, SOC2, FedRAMP).
- Familiarity with FDA and/or other global regulatory cybersecurity guidance requirements and submission process.
- Experience with web applications and server hardening (i.e. AWS, Azure) including knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and blue teaming techniques.
- Software development experience.
- CISSP or other security certification.
- MS and/or advanced degree.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Anticipated Salary Range: $118,000-$177,000
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.