Director, Large Molecule Drug Product Engineering
Janssen Supply Group, LLC., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director Large Molecule Drug Product Engineering, to be located in Horsham, PA, Malvern PA, or Schaffhausen CH!
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Supply Group, LLC are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”.
Are you interested in joining a team that is helping improve patient and customer care and drive innovation? Apply today!
At a time when the Large Molecule platform is growing at significant pace to supply an unprecedented number of exciting new biotherapeutic products and modalities (including Cell & Gene Therapy, Oncology), we are expanding our team, looking for enthusiastic people to develop exciting, innovative, integrated, Industry 4.0 technology solutions to address our complex business & technical challenges. The Large Molecule, (biologics) platform currently comprises of Drug Product Fill/Finish manufacturing sites with both clinical & commercial capabilities in US: Puerto Rico; in Europe: NL, Schaffhausen CH, Cork IRL; and in Asia: Incheon, South Korea. We are anticipating to grow our network, and this business growth will position us to become one of the world largest biopharmaceutical companies.
The overall Global Large Molecule Network includes 3 Drug Product internal plants and several external Contract Manufacturing Drug Product facilities located around the world.
This is a unique opportunity to have an exciting & rewarding career being a key part of a trailblazing, Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive (DEI) team, underpinned by our Credo values, that exhibits vital behaviors such as demonstrating boldness and courage to shape the future of our manufacturing network so that we can champion the customer. We need to build agility & resiliency for the platform, to enable us to build the capabilities needed to safely & sustainably manufacture our growing portfolio of products, to meet our patient's needs; while also accelerating innovation to become a more customer pull focused organization which drives continued growth.
Reviews and assesses risk for the network, creates resilience to future external challenges and shifts in product portfolio structure.
This role is responsible for managing and ensuring projects progress throughout the project owning the execution of key activities across function, finding solutions to key problems, and communicating project progress, issues and solutions to management and to the project team.
The Director will co-lead building a team of sought after, business savvy, process engineer talents and encourage a two-ways capabilities exchange with partners.
The Director and their team will interact with a variety of partners across Janssen, but key partners includes MSAT, E&PS, DPDS, Network Group and the local platform MAM teams. The Director will also partner with external equipment vendors, and engineering firms
- Creating a future vision, gaining support and alignment to that vision, and driving strategic direction and deploying goals and objectives into meaningful actions
- Strong sterile process fill/finish engineering expertise in conceptual design, feasibility studies, and fine tuning to fulfill business needs for Drug Product Facilities
- Manages capital project strategy (engineering voice) mid-long term, internal and external network strategy & capital strategy prioritization
- Support site master plans with MAM’s support in alignment with the network strategy for Drug Product Facilities.
- Leads the engineering innovation and concept planning for equipment and facilities following MSAT’s product guidance
- This position is responsible for the development and movement of process engineering talent across the MTO Platforms and across JSC
- This individual is a full member of the GET Leadership Team and participates, drives, owns, shapes, and leads the platform strategy and G&O’s together with the other LT members
- Creating a direct and indirect organization that delivers results
- Building strong partnerships with MSAT/MAKE/E&PS/DPDS
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or equivalent University Degree focused in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial and/or Bioprocess Engineering is required.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience
- Experience in synthesizing business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into data driven business solutions
- Functional knowledge of/and experience in engineering, automation and maintenance of equipment and systems within sterile Pharmaceuticals Fill/Finish manufacture or other healthcare regulated sectors
- Proven success in Building and developing an impactful team
- Working technical sterile process fill/finish engineering knowledge and experience and have great passion for technical solutions of high complexity
- Showing initiative in innovative approaches to challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment
- Excellent communication skills to summarize and effectively present a situation and related options, to build consensus
- Experience in influencing and risk management to drive trade off decision making across the organization
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to partner effectively at all levels and across multiple groups
- Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts, with the ability to build partnerships and collaborate both internally and externally
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Communicating effectively at all levels of the business
- This position may require up to 25 % domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .