SOX 404 Senior Analyst Compliance
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
SOX 404 Analyst – Compliance
Contract: full time, permanent
Compliance SOX 404 Senior Analyst will identify, assess design, test, and monitor the company’s SOX 404 financial reporting risks. These professionals will focus on the testing of key controls for Management Reporting Companies (MRCs) across J&J. They are to have engagement with various business partners including senior leaders across the organization and will be the first level escalation for the compliance professionals.
The role is expected to handle various sectors or MRCs. They are required to have knowledge in finance processes and controls, strong analytical and risk management skills. These professionals are expected to effectively test controls and provide clear, concise, testing results to various business partners across the enterprise.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
· Plans and performs SOX 404 testing and drive compliance of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements in coordination with SOX 404 Program Management Office (PMO).
· Designs test plans and testing approaches based on risk analysis and collects data to plan annual SOX testing.
· Performs process walkthroughs and documenting process narratives and/or process flows
· Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and provides recommendation on Finance business process improvements and efficiencies where appropriate to the cross functional Finance teams via coordination of the SOX 404 PMO.
· Conducts SOX Testing via interviews and paper trail investigations as required, including the completion of work papers and the summarization of findings and observation in accordance with Department standards and model audit program steps.
· Assesses for SOX 404 control impact for any identified control deficiencies and monitor/test for remediation efforts with process owners.
· Aligns any audit findings with Manager who coordinates with team to align findings with key stakeholders.
· Reviews recommendations with Manager and relevant stakeholders throughout the SOX audit.
· Participates-in or leads formal meetings to discuss and finalize findings and recommendations.
· Applies strategic thinking and innovative proposals on identifying control testing efficiencies to SOX 404 PMO.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
· A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required in Accounting, Finance / other business discipline.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English (any additional language will be a plus)
· Has specialized knowledge in underlying business processes and accounting background
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, Strong interpersonal skills
· 3-5 years of relevant experience (Accounting, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, SOX or related compliance)
· Ability to frame clear & concise communication across all relevant stakeholders
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
· An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
· A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
· Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
· An opportunity to participate in employee engagement activities on a voluntary basis based on individual preference
· Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
· Many employees benefits:
o 5 weeks of vacation, home office, flexible working hours, sick days
o Meal vouchers, Cafeteria, referral award, life and accident insurance, MultiSport card
o Contribution for: Prague public transportation, language study, illness leave, pension contribution,
o Refreshment in the workplace, company gym, free sports activities, corporate events
Employee benefits are regulated by an internal policy that contains full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Johnson & Johnson are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!