Associate Scientist, Analytical Specialist
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, Analytical Specialist located in Malvern, PA.
This Associate Scientist position in Biologics Drug Product Development & Delivery will be a lab-based role, responsible for experimental studies in pre-formulation, formulation, and analytical development of therapeutic proteins including monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), bispecifics, and fusion proteins. The candidate will work independently and with appropriate teams to support project needs and meet project deliverables. This includes execution of studies to support formulation development and biophysical characterization across the portfolio.
- B.S. degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is required
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of at least 3 years of related laboratory experience is required
- Demonstrated experience with therapeutic proteins and/or biologic products is required
- Expertise in biochemical, biophysical and/or analytical methodologies such as HPLC, spectroscopy (e.g. UV, IR, Raman), light scattering (e.g. SLS, DLS), particle analyzers (e.g. MFI, HIAC), and separation methods (e.g. CEX, cIEF, HIC) is required
- Collect, analyze, document and interpret data as appropriate. Communicate data and data trends within the team and with functional leadership is required
- Ability to design and execute studies related to protein formulation and stability is preferred
- Use scientific literature to understand protein behavior and/or support development challenges is preferred
- Experience authoring technical reports and make presentations of technical data is preferred
- Ability to identify protein liabilities and correlate protein behavior to data is preferred
- Capable of onboarding new techniques related to separations and/or particle characterization is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP and GMP requirements is preferred
- Experience with characterization of biological molecules and development of analytical methodologies for characterization of drug product attributes is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com