Sr Accountant, Global Tax Planning
Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
This Senior Analyst, Tax Planning position will provide support for tax planning, reporting, compliance and tax audits for the newly acquired Abiomed business segment, working within the broader Global MedTech Tax Planning organization. The Senior Analyst will operate in a highly technical environment involving frequent contact with tax and non-tax personnel from foreign and domestic affiliates as well as Supply Chain, Finance and Corporate groups among others.
· Assisting with the development of policy, governance and support of transfer pricing documentation. This includes partnering with advisors, corporate tax, and finance personnel to ensure all relevant documentation will be completed timely, recorded and indexed.
· Maintain/develop/monitor product ICP Models.
· Assistance with Global Audits including data collection, gathering and reviewing data for completeness, managing timelines, arranging meetings and other ad hoc projects.
· Support with APAs, Tax rulings, Intercompany agreements, etc.
· Review and reconciliation of ASC740 reserves.
· Maintain a comprehensive, business relevant ETR analysis process.
· Support for various Tax initiatives (for example, Master File, Local File, CbCR).
· Support in the implementation of tax planning strategies and solutions, in order to manage risk and harmonize Abiomed to the overall J&J tax strategies, including transfer pricing and foreign income inclusions.
· Work with wider MedTech Tax Planning group and US Tax COE to analyze tax impacts of product flows, business and supply chain changes.
· Advise business on impact to indirect and direct taxes related to marketing and business strategies.
· Perform other ad hoc work in broader Tax Planning Groups and Business Development areas or enterprise projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Tax or Economics
· Strong analytical abilities (data, fact patterns, external tax/legal frameworks) and accounting
· Advanced Excel skills and ability to utilize other technology resources
· Excellent partnering and communication skills
· Strong influencing and collaboration skills across sectors, functions and regions.
· Gaining independent leadership, capable of running projects and processes with support whilst keeping teams informed of progress and recognizing sensitive areas and decision points which require management input
· Ability to execute innovative solutions to meet business needs and to manage risk in a quickly changing external environment
· Capability to understand J&J financials, statutory/tax books and international tax/transfer pricing principles
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is [[salaryMin]] - [[salaryMax]] . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.