Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Advanced Trainer (AT) will serve as a product training expert focusing on the implementation, delivery, and monitoring of product-specific training programs to our field-based support team and customers. Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Product Training, the goal of the AT is to assure safe and effective application of our products. The Advanced Impella Trainer will partner with the expanded Training Team, Product Management and Engineering through product development to full market release. They will serve as subject matter experts to provide real world clinical experience and expertise to support the launch process. The Advanced Trainer will partner cross functionally to qualify clinical practices to increase our field team's clinical acumen.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with product management and engineering to support product development and launches through hands-on product testing and clinical formatives.
· Provide first in man case support.
· Own the launching for limited market release(s)
· Lead in evaluating the field-based patient support team in the training and competency requirements for Abiomed employees who support cases and train customers.
· Contribute to the design and improvement of the training and certification programs.
· Build training curriculum to support new products and product enhancements.
· Conduct training for our field team and partnered customers including regional and national trade shows, simulator events and any additional identified customer training needs.
· Participate in clinical discussion and deep dive opportunities with the Advanced Clinical Training and Support team to improve patient outcomes and drive patient growth through training opportunities.
· Act as the certifying authority for field team personnel who have completed the training regimen.
· Coordinate with the Regional Clinical Managers to ensure adherence to clinical best practices by the entire field team.
· Perfusionist and/or perfusion background with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a hospital setting
· Must possess a passion for training and education and be recognized as an Impella “clinical expert”.
· Must have strong project management and leadership skills Must have strong interpersonal, coaching, and motivational skills.
· Must be self-reliant; take initiative; results-oriented, open minded and approachable.
· Ability to influence all levels of management and employees.
· Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written)
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures.
· Requires a maximum of 75% travel.
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is [[salaryMin]] - [[salaryMax]] . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.