External Manufacturing Lead
Auris Health Inc a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an External Manufacturing Lead in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shaping the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing healthcare issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars, and hemostats, and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Are you interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team that is helping improve patient care and drive innovation? Apply today!
Reporting to the External Manufacturing Manager for Flexible Robotics, the External Manufacturing Supervisor plays an integral role in supporting the external manufacturing operations for Monarch Instruments and Accessories. This role entails partnering with key collaborators within the business to execute effectively. The Supervisor will assist in implementing critical initiatives, including start-up, validation, stabilization, and ramp-up for products produced at External Manufacturers. They will participate in planning and coordinating the organization's activities, striving to meet targets for financial performance, quality, service, and compliance adherence. Essential responsibilities include aiding in the management of manufacturing operations at critical suppliers to ensure product availability that aligns with customer needs. This position requires the ability to connect with and support resources to contribute to the successful execution of key projects.
- Business Engagement: Proactively and independently engages with collaborators. Owner of communication governance with External Manufacturers.
- Provides overall site management; Serves as a point of escalation for issues; Proactively and independently manages External Operation activities. Ensures proper quality compliance is met
- Participate in monitoring performance, lead regular performance reviews (S&OP, CIP execution, QBR, Planning, Quality reviews, etc.), oversee product tech transfers and decommissioning of sites, engage suppliers in lean process improvements and manage operations via virtual plant management.
- Perform analysis of investments required to support recurring cost reductions and business growth for supplier sites.
- Support the implementation of the vision, strategy, and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Ensures documentation, training, configuration, testing, production promotions, archiving, and so on are in compliance with business and regulatory policies
- Responsible for communicating business-related issues or opportunities to the next management level.
- Develop Ops Plans (incl. budgets, volume planning, etc.) with EM sites; Ensure alignment on the outcomes with key internal partners;
- Identify potential Quality/Regulatory, Technical, and/or Supply Chain challenges. Work with key internal collaborators and EM sites to resolve.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or University degree required; focused degree in Engineering or related Science field preferred. Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of operations and supply chain experience
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Ability to show judgment in developing innovative approaches and resolving issues
- Ability to show critical thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Strong eye for business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
- Practical, first-hand experience in successfully applying Lean tools, including but not limited to Just in Time (JIT), 5S, Kaizen, and Value Stream Mapping, to create value-improvement gains is required.
- Experience in GMP environment
- May require up to 25% domestic and/or international travel
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $105,000 to 144,900.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .