Research & Development Leadership Development Program- 2024 Full-Time
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech Companies, for more than a century, with patients at the center and in partnership with those on the front lines, we have harnessed the power of technology and breakthrough innovation to elevate new standards of care. In an increasingly digital world, we are reimagining health – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health systems costs, and drive value.
In surgery, orthopaedics, vision, and interventional solutions, we go beyond what’s next to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
What you will do
Our MedTech Research & Development Leadership Development Program (RDLDP) is a three-year dynamic rotational program that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge R&D teams, such as New Product Development, Design, Orthopedic Laboratory Testing, Manufacturing, Design Quality, and Bioengineering.
- You will have opportunities to participate and/or lead in rotational assignments encompassing the entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing, or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the pipeline process into full R&D, and potentially into commercialization.
- Support of products’ design development, manufacturing, and commercialization, leveraging technical expertise to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- Increase the productivity of product design utilizing CAD, improve the quality of projects, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
- Engineer capabilities required to develop and deliver automated medical devices - including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface/experience.
- Pursue a number of internal developmental training programs as well as externally recognized qualifications such as Process Design Excellence.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced cross-functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Graduate Program (Master’s degree or Ph.D.) graduating by June 2024.
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Materials Science, Biomedical, and Computer Science.
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware, and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- You must have the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- You must have the ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment, and/or internship experiences is required. An R&D co-op or internship is highly preferred.
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States as required by the program’s rotations – a mandatory requirement.
Primary Locations: United States:
Massachusetts: Raynham, Boston, Cambridge
Florida: Jacksonville, Miami
Pennsylvania: West Chester, Springhouse
Texas: Irving, Houston
New Jersey: Somerville, Skillman, Raritan
California: Irvine, Redwood, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Milpitas, San Jose, San Diego
About Johnson & Johnson
We embrace innovation—bringing ideas, products, and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Our over 130,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.