Senior Legal Counsel
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel in the medical
devices legal team in Shanghai, China. This role will report to one of the Senior Counsels.
The Senior Counsel will provide legal advice and support to the J&J medical device businesses
• Provide strategic and operational day-to-day legal support as a strong business
• Identify legal issues and risks in daily business operation, provide solutions, and work
closely with business management to address these issues and risks.
• Review and advise on commercial transactions, projects and initiatives.
• Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and legal documents of
designated business and functions.
• Assess, manage and prevent legal risks associated with business initiatives, new
business models and the changing regulatory environment.
• Work closely with the Compliance Dept. to ensure compliance with applicable laws,
policies and codes.
• Provide counsel on and manage government inquiries and investigations.
• Support acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, reorganizations and business model
• Train and educate business teams on the laws, policies and codes applicable to the
medical device companies and businesses.
• Deal with disputes and litigations.
• Collaborate with other Law Department members in China and worldwide to ensure
consistent and coordinated legal support.
• Bachelor or Master of Law degree and China National Bar certificate.
• Supplementary degree or LLM abroad considered an asset.
• A minimum of 9 years Post-Qualified Experience.
• In-house counsel experience at a global health care company preferred.
• Strong legal and business judgment with an orientation to finding solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues both orally
and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with a track record of collaboration with
• Global mindset and a strong sense of integrity, with the ability to establish trust-based
relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
• Fluency in Mandarin and English, both orally and in writing.