Senior Verification Engineer
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior System Verification Engineer, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, Inc. is a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from crafting the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Sr. System Verification Engineer is an integral team member for our R&D platforms product pipeline, and a key contributor for new product development programs. This represents an excellent opportunity if you are passionate about building groundbreaking surgical capabilities and working in a multi-functional environment!
This role will interact primarily with Product Development, Systems Engineering and Quality, with additional key interactions with other Engineering groups including Project Management.
- Develop, characterize, and deploy test equipment and methods for verification of the R&D product pipeline.
- Generate test protocols using procedures against product requirements and author reports to qualify test equipment and validate test methods in a medical device regulated environment.
- Partner with Systems Definition & Architecture and Product Development SMEs to develop requirements that are clear and testable.
- Crafts clearly detailed bug reports for anomalies found during test procedures.
- Work with Quality Engineering to drive verification planning and lead execution.
- Collaborate with other engineers, technicians, assemblers, or other support personnel to assist in debugging and optimizing system performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or biomedical) is required
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum (4) years of industry experience or a minimum of (2) years with an advanced degree
- Experience in test equipment and test method development, execution, validation and analysis.
- Experience in mechanical or equipment design and knowledge of statistics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working experience in FDA or other highly regulated environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Working experience with medical device systems.
- Experience in imaging, visualization or optical test systems.
- Experience working in an Agile SW development context/scrum team.
- Experience with Test Automation Framework and DevOps Pipelines.
- Position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]