RISK & COMPLIANCE SR SPECIALIST
When You Join Johnson & Johnson, Your Move Could Mean Our Next Breakthrough.
Risk & Compliance Sr. Specialist will perform the regulatory assessment on the Third-Party Due Diligence landscape. Will be responsible for support activities and engagement with Law Departments, Procurement teams, among other cross-sector units for the accurate identification, elevation, and development of action plans for alerts as well as support the strengthening of the compliance program to ensure JNJ is aligned with legal requirements and regulators expectations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Third-party due diligence (60%)
- Support GS Risk & Compliance to ensure that Sanctions issues identified are accurately detailed, discussed, and raised as per Sanctions, AML, ABC procedure / SOP
- Perform follow-ups with business owners, procurement, and key stakeholders to actions plans defined to mitigate risks identified Perform the AML + ABC Due Diligence for all new suppliers before its activation in the Vendor Master Data & existing suppliers by following a risk-based approach
- Maintain close relationships with Law departments to review red flags identified during due diligence processes for suppliers.
- Develop regulatory research and comparative law analysis for compliance requirements.
- Provide mentorship and support from a regulatory perspective about alerts identified
- Perform the Periodic Screening Check (Quarterly/Annually) to identify Sanctions red flags on the supplier database.
- Send periodic communications to key stakeholders about action plans and alerts review status.
- Partner with risk functions to ensure appropriate management, maintenance, and deployment of global compliance processes at the regional level.
Risk Mitigation (40%)
- Elevate the issues identified related to AML, ABC, and Sanctions to discuss and establish an effective action plan that will mitigate the risk
- Regulatory risk landscape reviews to maintain updated current regulations map
- Support procurement requestors by providing direction on the documentation required to conduct the Due Diligence process
- Support Internal Audit and Regulatory Agencies on any documentation required in case Due Diligence evidence is required by them
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Seek to continuously learn and improve knowledge and skills by identifying developmental opportunities with the supervisor. Participate in appropriate training sessions and share lessons learned. Competently apply knowledge of new skills learned to existing projects and work.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Finance, Compliance, Regulatory, HCC, and other risk functions
- Drive continuous improvement and identify areas of opportunity
- Partnership and cross-collaboration with all regions LATAM, EMEA, NA, and ASPAC to develop a partnership spirit, share standard methodologies, and suggest process improvements.
- Required Minimum Education: bachelor's degree in law.
- Required Years of Related Experience: +4 years Other
Key skills include:
- Advanced English skills to connect with peers and key stakeholders globally.
- Knowledge of compliance matters, AML and ABC, ethics, Supplier/3rd party Due Diligence, and related topics.
- Strong research and analysis skills to do comparative law, and regulation reports, and identify changes/requirements in compliance areas.
- Good written and oral communication skills and an ability to present and get along with the highest level of business leaders; Ability to build strong business partnerships
- Possess two years of work experience handling Supplier assessment, Audit, Compliance roles, or equivalent experience.