Associate Director, Bioanalytical Business Operations
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Bioanalytical Business Operations. The preferred locations are Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium. Remote work options within North America (East Coast) or Europe may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address meaningful unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
The Associate Director, Bioanalytical Business Operations, for the External Sourcing and Pipeline Management group within the Bioanalytical Discovery and Development Sciences (BDDS) organization, will lead a small team responsible for supporting the global business operations. The BDDS organization develops, validates, and conducts bioanalytical sample analysis across the entire Janssen therapeutic portfolio (all modalities) from discovery through development. This individual will partner closely with the head of the group to establish a new team within the organization for bioanalytical business operations.
The newly established team will be responsible for contracts with our external bioanalytical partners, external FTE-model oversight, contractor oversight, and operating expense (OPEX) management. This leader will: 1) implement processes that enable accurate financial forecasting for all BDDS outsourced work; 2) implement enterprise project management tools that will enable visible real time planning and tracking of BDDS development portfolio activities to facilitate resourcing planning and prioritization; 3) apply standards for updating project management tools to ensure consistency and data quality; 4) integrate BDDS information with the larger organizational tracking tools; 5) provide regular updates to the BDDS leadership team related to budget management and portfolio deliverables.
The Associate Director will have supervisory responsibility in Spring House, PA and/or Beerse, Belgium and will support all aspects of the development of employees on their team. This leader will be a role model of the company dedication to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse workforce.
- Build and lead a diverse and complementary team of scientists.
- Proactive plan and prioritize of work to support key portfolio targets.
- Collaborate with leaders and peers in other BDDS teams to craft and implement business strategy.
- Maintain and update resource algorithms for use in demand forecasts.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal business operation partners.
- Develop and implement simplified processes to handle the BDDS development portfolio that enables clear real time planning and tracking of BDDS targets and key achievements.
- Integrate BDDS operational data with data from the wider Janssen R&D organization.
- Communicate issues to partners that highlight resource risks and mitigation strategies.
- Supply strategic and long-range planning for BDDS and staff development/needs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or a related scientific field is required. Advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D.) in a scientific field is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical industry or contract research organization (CRO) experience with a Bachelor’s degree; a minimum of 9 years of pharmaceutical industry or contract research organization (CRO) experience with a Master’s degree; or a minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical industry or contract research organization (CRO) experience with a Ph.D. degree is required.
- Prior managerial experience within a pharmaceutical or CRO bioanalytical group, or business operations group is required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams with a track record of developing and implementing strategies to address problems is required.
- Understanding of the contract laboratory landscape is required.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Planisware, etc.) to plan and prioritize scientific work is required.
- Experience with resource modeling and resource management is required.
- Finance/Accounting experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and process leadership skills.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels and influence decision-making across the organization is required.
- This position will require 10% domestic and international travel.
The anticipated base pay range for this position in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA is $166,000 to $267,145.
The anticipated base pay range for this position in all other US locations is $135,000 to $232,300.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
* The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.