Tax Accounting Manager - Pillar Two
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Pillar 2 – Tax Reporting Manager as part of the Global Tax Reporting Group. The candidate’s work location will be in New Brunswick NJ. The position will incorporate the J&J Flex Hybrid Work Model which requires 3 days a week on site and may require up to 10% travel (Domestic/International).
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Pillar 2 – Tax Reporting Manager directly reports to the Senior Tax Manager of Global Tax Reporting and collaborates closely with a variety of groups including the Country Tax Centers, Tax and Reporting Groups, Sector Tax Planning, Tax Technology and the Corporate Controllers Group. The successful candidate must be a self-directed individual able to exercise a high level of independent judgment, execute activities in a highly complex environment, and possess strong communication, business partnering and people management skills.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Manage all communications, guidance and training activities for Pillar 2 with assistance from Senior Tax Manager
- Prepare/review existing P2 provision templates
- Collaborate with Corporate Controller’s Group to identify and establish an efficient process for reporting impactful topside adjustments
- Manage ongoing fit gap analysis work with Tax Technology Team and external service provider
- Manage implementation of new P2 provision tool
- Review and run various data analytics and metrics for forecast, interim and annual tax provision processes in OneSource Tax Provision Tool
- Partner with CTCs to validate Globe and Covered Tax Adjustments
- Assist with P2 Global Information Return preparation
- Work with various teams on Procedures, Controls and SOP updates
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned and ad hoc.
- Lead and participate in department projects initiated by J&J Global Tax Organization
- Establish an engaged culture that is focused on compliance, continuous improvement, and staff development
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 6 years tax experience, including tax compliance and reporting
- CPA/CMA preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Strong communication and business partnering skills required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- OneSource experience preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Knowledge of J&J Tax and Accounting policies, procedures and requirements preferred
- Position is located in New Brunswick, NJ
- The candidate’s required work location will be in New Brunswick NJ.
- The position will incorporate the J&J Flex Hybrid Work Model, which requires 3 days a week on site, and may require up to 10% travel (Domestic/International).
The base pay range for this position is $97,000 - $166,750.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Johnson & Johnson are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!