Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist in Janssen Business Technology located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ .
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Commercial Data Sciences & Data Insights team within Janssen Pharmaceuticals Business Technology organization is looking for an extraordinary scientist who is passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding data science solutions that drive impact for patients and for Janssen. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this powers the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to use the data to build business value.
In this role you will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science. You will conduct research through novel project execution and development of algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of NLP techniques, Machine Learning and AI, and the creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will lead and deliver projects and develop solutions that in turn deliver insights. You will lead and work with matrixed teams across business and technology, and be part of a dynamic, accomplished organization that will support multiple therapeutic areas and commercial functions.
- Ph.D. with 1-3+ years of industry experience in Data Science, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, or a related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning platforms/environments.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, neural networks, and/or Bayesian models.
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python, R, SQL.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex methods and results to diverse audiences.
- Working knowledge of commercially available healthcare data sets.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning platforms/environments and experience implementing AI driven solutions:
- Building end-to-end LLM powered solutions that drive business value
- Evaluation, validation, and refinement of LLM frameworks and generative AI applications
- Continual learning, prompting, and LLM fine tuning/PEFT
- Familiarity with open-source and gated/paid model landscape
This position is based at our following location: Titusville, NJ.
The anticipated base pay for this position is between $104K to $145K USD
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.