Supervisor, Quality Inspection - 2nd shift
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for Supervisor, Quality Inspection - 2nd shift, located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Supervisor of Quality Inspection will supervise and oversee the daily activities of all incoming material used for production and will have ownership and responsibility for all day-to-day activities for the Quality Inspection area. The Supervisor ensures that daily inspection schedules are met and that GMP manufacturing standards and procedures are followed. Provide day to day direction to the inspection personnel concerning work assignments, overtime, quality issues / non-conformances, and priorities. Oversee the Quality Inspection process and documentation to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and Abiomed’s Quality Policy. Responsible for continuous improvement activities in respective area, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a positive work environment. Support validation testing and the launch of new products, components, and equipment.
- Establish a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication
- Lead a Quality Inspection team (process, material, and equipment) to meet and exceed targets related to people, safety, environment, quality, delivery, and cost
- Coordinate inspection activities with purchasing, maintenance/facilities, engineering, Supplier Engineering and Quality Assurance team to optimize team members, schedules, and inspection equipment.
- Establish and manage cross training models for their area.
- Engage with engineering team to utilize capacity models and assess constraints as projected demand changes
- Perform administrative duties such as regular employee meetings, timekeeping/attendance/vacation requests, performance appraisals disciplinary actions, interviewing, rewards & recognition, training, and development.
- Manage inspection and deliveries to target levels by cross loading resources across quality inspection to meet production build requirements
- Assist Quality Inspection Manager by providing data and analysis on inspection backlog, touch time, department goals and operational issues to determine causes of non-conformities
- Help identify and work with Supplier Quality Engineering to resolve inspection problems. Ability to know when to escalate an issue.
- Ensure compliance to the training plans, procedures, and industry regulations.
- Support and drive lean principles throughout the Quality inspection and MRB
- Associate degree required, or equivalent years of experience
- 4 years supervisory experience. Medical device experience preferred
- Minimum 6 years related experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to Supervise different process areas.
- Quality Assurance experience & knowledge of GMP required
- Knowledge of Lean, Kaizen, and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ability to gain cooperation of others and lead team members
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.