Regional Clinical Consultant - Tampa
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
In this role as an Regional Clinical Consultant, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value and impact of our Impella® product portfolio to physicians and hospital staff. You will advise Interventional Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, and attend implants. As a key role on the Commercial team, you will acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications. You will provide comprehensive guidance on the appropriate use of the Impella® devices enabling physicians and staff to deliver positive patient outcomes. This role will cover our Tampa franchise.
- Improve patient outcomes through education and medical staff interaction, including clinical demos and ongoing training for new and existing accounts
- Collect clinically relevant data, document trip results, and communicate activities with other team members and sales counterparts.
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications.
- Attend implants and consult physicians and medical staff on appropriate use and applications
- Collaborate with sales counterpart on awareness programs and activities in franchise.
- Experience as an Abiomed per diem highly preferred
- RN License strongly preferred
- 2+ years of direct RN or tech patient support in an ICU highly preferred
- Direct patient support in a Cath Lab or OR
- ECMO experience preferred
- Hands on Impella support experience required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to advocate with physicians required
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Experience delivering clinical training preferred
- Ability to travel 50% within territory required
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .