Strategic Sourcing Manager (Chemicals)
About J&J MedTech
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech, we unleash diverse healthcare expertise, purposeful technology, and a passion for people to transform the future of medical intervention and empower everyone to live their best life possible. For more than a century, we have driven breakthrough scientific innovation to address unmet needs and reimagine health. In surgery, orthopedics, vision, and interventional solutions, we continue to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
About the Job
Johnson & Johnson MedTech Supply Chain Procurement team is recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Chemicals Global Category. The preferred location is Zug, Switzerland. Other possible locations are New Jersey, USA and Shanghai/Suzhou, China. We are looking to have the right candidate onboard in the role by 1 st Nov 2023.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, Chemicals Category scope of responsibilities include:
· Develop and drive the Global Procurement Vision to Partner and Shape Supplier Solutions that Transform Healthcare.
· Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan for the sourcing of specific sub-categories of chemical that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the relevant authority’s business partners and deliver the maximum value.
· Serve as a key stakeholder and influencer in shaping the future technology choice and related supplier landscape for the specific sub-categories.
· You will utilize insights generated from market research and industry trends to drive a mindset of current tactical optimization and new tactical innovation.
· Develop and lead new supplier selection initiatives; Prepare and execute RFQs for complex sourcing decisions; Conduct negotiations with suppliers.
· Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end-to-end value, and bring innovation to the business.
· Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of efficient approaches and solutions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
· 35% - Category Strategy: Develops comprehensive, medium complexity category strategies; Conducts complex analysis and proactively offers insights based off analysis; Supports execution of strategy; Responsible for medium complexity category execution.
· 30% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier performance.
· 25% - Monitor and report risks in supplier relationships and utilize key insights in the development of the long term procurement vision and strategy.
· 10% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles.
· Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management.
· Knowledge of Silicone Hydrogels will be highly valued.
· Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
· Ability to understand and influence individuals.
· Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes, Contracting, Negotiations.
· Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver.
· Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives.
· Able to prioritize requests and propose effective alternatives when necessary.
· Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues.
· Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management & Sourcing and Supplier Management) desired.
· Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community.
· Ability to influence and understand differing needs of partners (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain).
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Switzerland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
If you want to be a change agent in a challenging environment and shape the future quality organization, please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).