Associate Clinical Consultant -(Omaha/Lincoln, NB)
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
In this role as a Associate Clinical Consultant, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value and impact of our Impella® product portfolio to physicians and hospital staff. You will advise Interventional Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, and attend implants. As a key role on the Commercial team, you will acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications. You will provide comprehensive guidance on the appropriate use of the Impella® devices enabling physicians and staff to deliver positive patient outcomes. This role will cover our Omaha franchise. This individual can be located in Omaha or Lincoln, Nebraska area.
· Improve patient outcomes through education and medical staff interaction, including clinical demos and ongoing training for new and existing accounts
· Collect clinically relevant data, complete outcome reviews with customers and communicate activities with other team members and sales counterparts.
· Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications.
· Attend implants and consult physicians and medical staff on appropriate use and applications
· Utilizes Integrity Selling to change the standard of care and drive usage of Impella with physicians
· Ability to set up 1:1 physician meetings/conversations, host physician and staff dinner programs with strong attendance and content
· Collaborate with sales counterpart on awareness programs and activities in franchise
· RN License required; BSN preferred
· 2+ years of direct RN or tech patient support in an ICU highly preferred
· Direct patient support in a Cath Lab or OR
· ECMO experience preferred
· 2+ years of commercial experience related to products and technologies utilized in the cardiovascular space required
· Established relationships/network of Interventional Cardiologists and Cath Lab staff in Omaha territory preferred
· Ability to advance sales process with customers required
· Ability to work in a team environment required
· Availability for emergent patient care required
· Experience delivering demonstrations and successful trainings
· Ability to travel 50% within territory required
· Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.