Scientist, Cell Therapy
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is committed to building upon the clinical success of autologous, CAR-directed cellular therapies to benefit more cancer patients. The Immuno-Oncology, Cell Therapy research team is dedicated to research that improves the accessibility and therapeutic potency of cellular therapies to address unmet medical needs and achieve safe and durable responses. Ultimately, we aspire to provide curative treatment options for cancer patients. Currently, our team is working to develop the next generation of off-the-shelf therapies that incorporate advancements in iPSC technology, genetic engineering, allogeneic biology, and optimized chimeric antigen receptor design.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and creative scientist to join us in our mission to improve next generation of cell therapy products for cancer patients. Candidates with a strong immunology background and experience working with CAR T cells are preferred. In this role, the candidate will be expected to lead discovery programs and effectively collaborate with colleagues in other functional areas. They will be responsible for developing innovative mechanisms to improve CAR T cell therapy. Success in this position will require a positive, can-do attitude, the ability to work well within a cross-functional team, and the ability to design and implement critical assays to study human CAR T cell biology. The role is based at our research campus in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
The Scientist will:
- Lead discovery research team to build deep understanding of novel cell therapy products and recommendations for next generation platform
- Design, implement, analyze, and interpret in vitro and in vivo assays to interrogate CAR T cell therapy performance
- Innovate and improve current methodologies to improve therapeutic activity of cell therapy products
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external colleagues to get critical feedback and advance key findings
- Distill complex ideas into practical next steps
- Communicate results in writing and oral presentations to enable key decisions
- Keep accurate and timely records of all experiments
- Mentor a team of associates and scientists, and promote professional development
- PhD degree with post-doctoral and/or industry experience in immunology or a related discipline is highly preferred. In place of a PhD, a minimum of 12 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.S. degree, OR at least 3 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Senior Associate Scientist level, or the equivalent training/experience is required.
- Strong foundation in immunology with deep understanding of T cell biology, signaling and effector differentiation is preferred
- Hands-on experience working with human primary T cells and CAR T cells is preferred
- Ability to design, perform and interpret in vitro and in vivo CAR-directed cell therapy experiments to assess cytotoxicity, cytokine production, cell proliferation is strongly preferred
- Applied experience with multiparameter flow cytometry design and analysis is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to contribute to various projects outside of their own, and collaborate with team members from all relevant functions
- Ability to keep up-to-date with the literature and be a thought leader in cell therapy
- Ability to mentor and develop Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists
- Ability to stay organized, pay attention to details, plan for complicated long-term projects, and maintain detailed records
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.