eDiscovery Manager, Information Governance
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The eDiscovery Manager, Information Governance (“Manager”) will report to the Senior eDiscovery Manager, Information Governance. The Manager will be responsible for supporting Johnson & Johnson’s Information Governance (IG) program and projects from an eDiscovery perspective. This position will support the development, implementation, and management of IG processes to meet the Company’s eDiscovery obligations in a defensible, timely, service-oriented, and cost-effective manner. Essential to success in this role is the ability to work cross- functionally and collaboratively across all groups within the enterprise including attorneys, paralegals, records management professionals, external contractors, vendors, and information technology associates and with all management levels.
· Effectively collaborate and build relationships to ensure that an IG framework from an eDiscovery perspective is consistent with the company’s culture, Global Legal Organization needs, and can be effectively implemented and integrated across the organization at all levels.
· Support eDiscovery Leadership in creating, maintaining, and managing defensibility strategy and documentation associated with the eDiscovery IG program; responsible for ensuring documentation is regularly maintained and timely communicated.
· Support eDiscovery Leadership in assessment of end user productivity tools to ensure eDiscovery requirements are identified and implemented.
· Support eDiscovery Leadership in reviewing, assessing, and communicating eDiscovery considerations regarding project-based data transfers.
· Support eDiscovery Leadership to review and integrate eDiscovery and Information Technology requirements for the development and execution of processes for defensible disposition of data.
· Support eDiscovery Leadership in developing and implementing IG eDiscovery processes for acquisitions and divestitures.
· Responsible for supporting the creation and maintenance of IG eDiscovery processes, documentation, communication plans and other materials to support institutional/organizational knowledge, and to ensure proper level of diligence, quality control of processes and program excellence.
· Support processes and mechanisms to put Non-Custodial Data Sources (NCDS) on Legal Hold, including devising and implementing process improvements.
· Support Senior Manager and the cross-functional team of Legal, Records Management and IT to evaluate NCDS at end of lifecycle for Legal Hold requirements.
· Collaborate with litigation teams to identify and facilitate preservation of NCDS related to key matters.
· Support Senior Manager in alignment of IG eDiscovery processes with applicable Records Management standards and policies.
· Train various stakeholders across the enterprise on various aspects of IG, including evaluating the Legal Hold obligations.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with an emphasis on business, legal, and/or Information Technology courses.
· A minimum of 5 years law department, law firm and/or business, consulting, vendor, or legal experience is required.
· Strong technical experience is required such as asset management tools, eDiscovery technologies, MS365 environment, evaluating new and existing technologies from an eDiscovery IG/Data Governance perspective.
· eDiscovery matter support including comprehensive knowledge of the full EDRM lifecycle is preferred.
· Legal Hold technical experience is a plus.
· Strong understanding of Data Governance approaches and best practices; demonstrated ability to improve Program and Data Governance policies and standards. Experience supporting Information Governance program is preferred.
· Because of the cross-functional nature of the role, the candidate must have a demonstrated working knowledge and/or ability and willingness to learn the basic operations of each of the core areas - Legal, Records Management and Information Technology.
· Ability to communicate data and technologies in a clear manner to legal and/or the business.
· Detailed analytical thinking to evaluate data, identify issues, and implement solutions.
· Expertise in developing automated processes to streamline routine activities.
· Must be a solutions-oriented professional with a focus on collaboration and process improvement.
· Must utilize positive communication and employ diplomatic client facing skills.
· Experience creating and making presentations to groups of people is preferred.
· Must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential matters; maintains confidentiality.
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
In accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $97,000- $166,750. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit http://www.careers.jnj.com .