HR Payroll Compliance Manager
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an HR Payroll Compliance Manager, Function Risk Management & Compliance role located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Compliance Manager will provide regional oversight and review on the Band 24-26s deliverables for the respective region. These professionals will support the overall planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the SOX and non-SOX Compliance programs and activities for the regions in scope and Compliance SLA with the Business Sectors. They will be reporting to the global senior manager on the compliance activities within the function and region.
Expectations for Increased Role Levels
Expected to provide compliance oversight and manage team (e.g. Bands 24-26’s) within the regional hubs for the compliance organization. Responsible for risk management while driving standardization across the region as cascaded by the global directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Effective Risk Management execution through minimization of financial and operational risks associated with the internal control environment, along with the design and implementation of internal controls by providing recommendations for continuous process and control improvements. This includes:
• Oversee execution of due diligence reviews to ensure successful transition of key control activities to Global Services centers in accordance with the three-tier end state model.
• Managing audit support successfully through strong partnerships with business HR and Payroll, internal audit team, and external auditors to ensure control standards are upheld. This includes coordination of internal and/or external audits and advising remediation efforts for exceptions identified.
• Advise and consult business process owners on control requirement expectations and related execution across HR and Payroll to create and maintain a strong internal control environment across all Management Reporting Companies (“MRC’s”) supported by Global Services. This includes Support new system implementations and system enhancements.
• Develop and provide ongoing robust compliance training/updates to all levels of HR and Payroll personnel (including VP’s). Share best practices and recommending new and more efficient ways of meeting our SOX compliance requirements.
• Oversight of corrective action plans and driving to closure with HR and Payroll management. Interface with various levels of management to drive the standardization of key controls/ processes/ documentation and keeping management informed of compliance-related risks and opportunities.
• Participate and deliver on global compliance projects and/or initiatives (e.g. Global Payroll Vendor Project, Global Desktop Procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures, HR Data Validation, etc.)
• Partner with the extended Global Compliance Team in driving consistency and standardization of controls and processes as it relates to J&J’s end state model.
• Train and lead team of Leads, Seniors, and Staff through formal mentoring, feedback and training to ensure proper development and succession within J&J. This requires the ability to communicate effectively as certain team members will be based in various locations.
• Perform other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
• University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• Generally Requires 8-10 Years Work Experience with at least 2-3 years experience in financial compliance or audit roles
• People management experience strongly preferred.
• Relevant professional certification(s) strongly preferred (i.e. CPP, CPA, CIA, etc.)
• This position is in Tampa, FL and may require occasional travel of up to 10% travel.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.