Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, Arthroscopic Equipment
The Arthroscopic Equipment Solutions team, part of Depuy Synthes within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Marketing Manager for Global Strategic Marketing (GSM). The Marketing Manager will lead a critical product line of the Arthroscopic Equipment Portfolio globally, such as Visualization, Fluid Management, Shavers, and Radiofrequency.
Arthroscopy Equipment is used to support millions of arthroscopic procedures annually across the globe, for patients suffering from shoulder, knee, hip, or small joint pain or injuries. The Arthroscopy Equipment team strives towards product innovation that makes a clinically meaningful difference for our customers; the surgeons, nurses and patients our products serve. As Marketing Manager, you will lead all aspects of the next-generation product launch planning, support the on-market portfolio's growth, develop future roadmap, and ensure that the global business goals are met.
- Develop and lead strategic new product marketing plans and programs for Arthroscopic Equipment to grow business and meet/exceed Business Plan
- Develop value proposition and business case (targeting & segmentation, positioning, price, and promotion) for new product development projects
- Lead the creation of launch strategy, execution, and lifecycle management strategies, as well as formulate clinical claims development, working with regional marketing, sales, clinical and regulatory partners
- Ensure proper advocacy is being built through KOL engagement and patient support
- Partner with commercial teams to develop well positioned messaging that can drive customer behavior. Create and deploy marketing assets to regional marketing and global salesforce
- Guide executive leadership’s portfolio prioritization decisions and communication plans
- Work closely with partners (Sales, Finance, R&D, Supply Chain) to develop financial and product forecasts and ensure supply continuity
- Coach and mentor peers to define marketing strategies and complete plans necessary to achieve business goals.
- Analyze competitors and ensure competitive strategies are in place for new and existing products.
- Conduct market research, Key Opinion Leader engagements, and customer engagement to collect Voice-of-Customer to drive strategic and tactical decisions and to evangelize Arthroscopic Tower offerings
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, an MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years Marketing, Medical Device Product Development R&D, Medical Device Capital Equipment Sales, or a combination of Sales and Marketing
- Demonstrated proficiency in core marketing skills (i.e., branding, positioning, claims, packaging, messaging, and agency management) and financial forecasts/spreadsheet analysis
- Able to clearly articulate the business case for a new business idea and the value proposition; demonstrated ability to prioritize potential solutions
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with commercial partners and customer groups (surgeons, salesforce)
- Able to work within a cadaveric laboratory setting and observe surgical procedures
- Strong focus on customer needs to drive product innovation
- Position requires approximately 25% travel including weekends. Travel includes both domestic and international travel
- Experience interacting with key players in the operating room and sales organizations preferred; arthroscopy or capital equipment a plus
- Prior experience in medical device or regulated industry, especially in product management, R&D, sales, and/or marketing
- Experience developing and launching new products, services and programs
- History of turning customer needs into impactful new products
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.