Senior Scientist, Downstream Processing / Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC)
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Downstream Processing / Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) to be in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate for this position will lead and perform process development activities for antibodies and bioconjugates such as antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) within the API-Large Molecule group in Malvern, PA. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include leading and participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale. This will include laboratory and occasional pilot-scale scale chromatography, filtration, and conjugation chemistry. The candidate will lead the design and execution of development studies to identify and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of (critical) process parameters for several types of chromatography, filtration, and conjugation reaction process steps. The candidate will record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners. The candidate is expected to work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives.
· A PhD in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry or equivalent major with at least 3 years of relevant post-doctoral experience or MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry or equivalent major with at least 12 years of relevant experience or a BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry or equivalent major with at least 15 years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge and hands-on laboratory experience in downstream processing, purification of antibodies/recombinant protein therapeutics, and production of bioconjugates (such as ADC) or equivalent conjugate, chromatography, filtration and conjugation or equivalent experience
· The candidate must be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects independently.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports, and protocols
· Data reporting, ability to present findings to management, and experience with team-based collaborations
· Occasional weekend work availability
· Exposure to analytical method development for in-process methods
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.