NHS Tender, Engagement & Strategy Manager
NHS Tender, Engagement and Commercial Strategy Manager
Location – Field Based – National Role
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the United Kingdom are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse group of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feel that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Working for Janssen
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most significant unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients, we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson.
Please visit www.janssen.co.uk for more information.
- Be seen as a credible NHS engagement manager and has the ability to support and influence key NHS stakeholders.
- Determine the optimal strategy for engagement with key commercial NHS bodies in order to deliver on specific business objectives. This includes maximising tender opportunities and ideas for developing revenue for specific brands. Scope and present the best return of investment (ROI) opportunities across commercial agreements for national and regional accounts in hospitals (both NHS & Private), retail, & 3rd parties e.g. aseptic units, homecare, and wholesale sectors in line with company objectives.
- Understand and feedback on the changing NHS landscape for tenders/commercial deals and feed into the BP/LRFP process(es) shaping best forecasting decisions.
- Understand the impact of branded and non-branded generic entry and seek to explain the benefits as well as risks to specific Janssen brands in the UK.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) in the modelling of the generic impact of brands and support CVTs/ IBVTs with modelling and forecasting for brands that are already at LOE or pending LOE.
- Understand and monitor supply chain processes for Janssen and competitor products Tender and rebate responsibilities
Key Role Activities Include:
- Develop key relationships with key NHS partners across procurement/commercial and NHS payor bodies
- Understand key issues in the NHS and predict what impact they will have on Janssen products by feeding back insights to key internal Janssen collaborators
- Have a repository of important collaborators across the NHS, supply chain and NHSE/CMU or payor bodies
- Have a repository of relationships across key procurement pharmacists and tender leads, retail and aseptics
- Identify key customers in need of specific internal senior management interactions and develop plans with KAM/Product Specialist to address their specific needs.
- Build and present a case for current and prospective accounts in order to keep business growth opportunities in the pipeline.
- Understand the retailer’s environment and develop strategies to deliver the best return on investment and tender/pricing outcomes Be an expert on the changing NHS/ landscape and offer key insights and training to other key internal team members
- Collaborate with the Head of Private Sector to scope out commercial agreements for insurers/private provider groups where appropriate
- Develops and shares nationwide account strategies with appropriate sales teams
- Compliantly able to collect/estimate information on pricing strategies (UK and Europe)
- Develop and deliver a business case for NHS tendering strategy for a specific Janssen brand or product.
- Develop and deliver a business case for private payor tendering strategy for a specific Janssen brand or product.
- Develop competitive intelligence brand-specific projections to support the tender process and brand planning process
- Optimise sales of appropriate brands in the private channel and other channels as required
- Price input and approval of tenders
- Deliver efficient proposals & recommendations for commercial strategies for the best return on investment
- Lead, influence and negotiate commercial agreements with hospital and retail sectors and all other relevant parties
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) and provide commercial recommendations to key Janssen team members (e.g. home delivery) to meet changes within the UK retail, hospital, 3rd parties sector
- Have strategic insight based on data on the discussion to enable commercial recommendations to the BP and LRFP process
- Develop and search relevant data sources both internal & external to monitor the changing commercial environment in which the Janssen product franchises operate.
- Have a continued development programme in place while attending relevant conferences, seminars and industry meetings to improve market and industry knowledge.
- Provide training and education to the wider Janssen business on NHS tenders, engagement and commercial strategy.
- Leads the compliance and legal aspects as well as ensuring internal & external due diligence is conducted when developing and delivering a commercial deal/contract
- procedures for new commercial ventures.
- Monitor and develop relevant important metrics for tender/contract delivery and be accountable for taking appropriate action with customers where commercial agreements fail to meet contractual obligations.
- Rebate contract responsibilities and approvals
Essential Technical Knowledge, skills and experience
- A good understanding of the NHS as well as payor environment
- Existing relationships with key NHS payor bodies as well as key NHS partners for procurement and commissioning purposes
- Understanding of supply chain and impact on supply of drugs to the UK
- Ability to influence without authority
- Generic drug knowledge and modelling experience (use of appropriate analogues)
- High standard of numeracy
- Procurement process knowledge
- A reasonable level of clinical knowledge of Janssen and competitor products
- Excellent organisational skills to balance and prioritise their workload
- Excellent customer service skills to grow client base
- Knowledge of project management and risk management
- Knowledge of laws and regulations and industry trends
- Strong strategic and negotiation skills to make sound commercial decisions
- Possess a collaborative attitude and work well as part of a team
- Commercially minded with strong financial modelling skills
- Solution-orientated with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate sophisticated messages to a range of audiences and formats (written, verbal) and gain agreement when needed
- Ability to develop a business case and deliver in a limited timeframe
- Can develop robust argument and quantification for the return of investment for Janssen products as well as for pricing/tender strategies
- ABPI Code of Practice.
- Full UK Driving licence – 50% + travel required.
Working alongside a highly motivated and hardworking team, you will have the opportunity to help craft the brand strategy within a highly innovative, globally leading, pharmaceutical company that is working to build a world where disease is a thing of the past!
Is this role for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.