Network Operations Manager
The Network Operations Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of data network, voice, and contact center operations across all businesses within the region. This role is responsible for day-to-day oversight and technical vendor management of Managed Service Providers and key vendors within the region as well as the globe per a follow-the-sun support model. Additionally, they will oversee and run key ITIL processes with high attention to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, SLA Management, Capacity Management, Release Management, Escalation Management, and Vulnerability Management.
The Network Operations Manager is a technical role that has experience in all major network technologies such as switching / routing, WAN, WLAN, IPT, Firewalls, load balancers, Cloud exchange/CoLo, cloud-based network services, and SDN.
A key aspect of the role is Continuous Improvement achieved through Problem Management, High Availability engineering, identifying and mitigation of single points of failure, process improvements, automation opportunities, and other areas that increase the availability and resiliency of the network.
The Operations Manager is responsible for designing and maintaining strong business partner relationships and solicit and respond to feedback regarding network performance. The Operations Manager will participate in discussions, pilots, experiments, design considerations, and data analysis with engineering and deployment teams to ensure continuous improvement and provide regional-specific requirements. The position will engage OEMs for information regarding bugs, patches, software upgrades, and configuration changes.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for overall delivery of data network, and operations across all businesses within the region as well as the globe per a follow-the-sun support model and day-to-day oversight and technical vendor management of Network and telecom Managed Service Providers. This includes tracking network performance, capacity, and visibility as well as making recommendations to improve site health. Receives partner concerns and handles issues. Apply sophisticated analytics for continuous improvement and ensure best-in-class network performance through proactive and observability network monitoring and controls. This includes the management of the operational technologies, tools, metrics, and processes required to support the network domain. Track network performance and capacity and make improvement suggestions. Provide input, analysis, and recommendations for operational metrics and dashboards.
Heavily contributes Reliability Process within the Network domain. Responsible for the Change Management process including Change quality and technical review/approval of Changes for break/fix situations. Responsible for the implementation and success of Release Management, Asset and Maintenance Management, and high availability activity such as ensuring WAN path diversity, and operational automation. Partner closely with engineering and deployment teams to ensure feedback and input of regional-specific requirements. Participate in pilots, and experiments, and provide input for design considerations.
Partner with other TS organizations to deliver end-to-end process excellence resulting in more robust infrastructure services. This includes collaborating with ISRM and other vendors for risk management. Operationalize technologies and processes as well as perform service acceptance into Operations.
Fosters and maintains business partner relationships with Business IT units to understand and respond to business and regional needs and requirements. Coordinate site health assessments and remediation of network infrastructure opportunities. The anticipated base pay range for this position is $97,000- $160,000.
- Provide input for the development of operational ITIL standards, policies, and guidelines
- Access Management (device access, site access/badging/on and offboarding)
- TAO for operations servers/apps
- Knowledge Management (Knowledge Articles, Run books, etc.)
- Certificate/License Management
- Network Co-location management
- Management of internal Operations initiatives
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Required Years of Related Experience: 6-8 Years Related Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Large/enterprise network operations expertise and experience
- Proven vendor management experience in a large outsourced environment
- Strong troubleshooting experience in high available network environments
- High availability/resiliency engineering
- Solid experience applying network management and troubleshooting tools
- Proven experience leading virtual teams supporting a sophisticated network environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and implement in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in several key technologies including: routing/switching, WAN technologies, EIRGP/BGP, VPN, SDWAN, Cloud connectivity, Cloud-based Networking technology, WLAN, network solving tools
- Broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and sophisticated network, DHCP, DNS, IP, IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS, IPT, EIGRP/BGP, load balancers, SIP, firewalls, and contact center technology
- Automation / scripting
- 5G & IOT technologies
- Virtual Networking (NSX)
- NAC segmentation
- Problem Solving, Strategic thinking
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .