Patient Engagement & Advocacy Lead
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a KSA Patient Engagement and Advocacy Lead, located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia!
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world!
This role ensures that patients' opinions are incorporated into our operations, coordinates patient-centric initiatives, and builds positive relationships with key patient advocacy influencers.
You will be responsible for leading, creating and delivering the Patient Support Programs (PSPs) across Therapy Areas to ensure adapted solutions to patient unmet needs leading to better health outcomes.
Leading the delivery of PE programs and PSPs that support country value team (BUSINESS UNIT) strategies. You will build and nurture an external network of relevant organizations and individuals in the societal and healthcare arena, comprising of patient organizations, patient advocates, key opinion leaders and government affairs decision-makers.
- Establishes and nurtures sustained and effective relationships with national key advocacy stakeholders and key influencers in KSA
Acts as a business ambassador for the company interacting with key strategic patient associations and other patient community platforms in order to increase company/brand awareness and reputation.
- Helps drive an understanding of and support for Janssen's positions on issues specific to the biopharmaceutical industry among third parties.
Collaborates with Medical, Business, Communication, Governmental Affairs, and HEMAR teams to support markets and patients.
- Ensures a heightened awareness of the priorities and challenges facing patient advocacy communities, including TA (Therapy Areas)- and non-TA-specific issues.
- Works closely together with the Medical, BUSINESS UNIT, Communication, Public Affairs team & HEMAR (Health Economics, Market Access and reimbursement) teams.
- Accesses the Market Dynamics and proposes enhancement or initiation of new PSP in KSA by leading the Cross-Functional Collaboration with Legal, Compliance, PV, Privacy, Quality, Finance to ensure collaboration with governance committee to ensure approval of all new or amended PSP programs
- Degree in Health sciences, Business management or communications, A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in communication sciences or business economics is preferred.
- A performer with at least 4 years of experience in the healthcare business. Experience in both a corporate setting and in public relations / a public affairs agency, an NGO, or a health-focused government agency is considered an advantage.
Strong networker, committed to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Experience in delivering patient-centric programs within a healthcare setting.
- Developed impactful and sustainable partnerships and collaborated with stakeholders across internal and external levels of a corporate organization.
Experience working with and managing agencies and consultants.
- Strong partnering skills and a passion for training and mentoring less experienced colleagues in the key competencies and skills required to deliver impactful patient programs.
- Language: Arabic & English
- Location: Riyadh, KSA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.