Lancashire and Cumbria Energy Sales Specialist
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued, and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by healthcare professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
Ethicon is devoted to shaping the future of surgery by advancing innovation, addressing the most pressing healthcare issues and improving lives every day. Our product portfolio includes energy devices, wound closure, endo-mechanical, cardiothoracic, gyne, urology, thyroid and biosurgery surgical devices.
In this role, you will be responsible for Energy products used across all specialities, see www.ethicon.com for more product information.
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and stakeholders in secondary care. Takes the lead in managing the Specialty customer.
- Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
- Manage and develop accounts and own the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and other colleagues to define commercial requirements to grow and protect our business.
- Ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to shape future business plans.
- Ensure competence in procedural focus area and product portfolio.
- Act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices aligned to our Credo.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a broad understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs.
- Develop, deploy and maintain tactical account business plans that align to business and customer objectives to deliver agreed objectives.
- Prepare appropriate plans to meet with customers (with contingencies) in order to deliver on account plans and milestones.
- Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate.
- Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment.
- Present brand value propositions and value-added customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver business plan.
- Collaborate with other Sales Specialists and commercial teams to deliver a coordinated approach where applicable.
- Respond to requests for support from other customer-facing colleagues and proactively share information and insights where customers may be shared via the customer relationship management system.
- Contribute and collaborate with colleagues in the regional team to work collaboratively towards regional business planning goals.
Professional Education and Marketing
- Leadership of customer training activities. Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as champion the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering.
- Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform.
- Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge.
What you will be great at:
- You will have a competitive mindset and a winning spirit
- Surgical sales experience is essential
- Understand stakeholder’s requirements and be able to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drive the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that help the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
A Winning Spirit and Competitive Mindset Are Essential
What’s in it for YOU?
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at Johnson & Johnson, we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promote your physical and mental wellbeing. As part of our offering, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application, for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.