Manufacturing Team Lead
Manufacturing Team Lead
Location: Little Island, Cork
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
About the Company:
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC has been operating in Little Island in Cork since 1981. We manufacture bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients that are sold throughout the world, to other Janssen and third-party companies, where they are further processed into tablets, creams or injectable dosage forms.
The Manufacturing Team Lead is a member of the Operations Team with primary responsibility for coordinating production shift activities. This position provides operational leadership to a team of experienced Shift Operators. We encourage and support the identification and development of innovative operational solutions and multi-functional collaboration throughout the Johnson & Johnson Global API Small Molecule Network.
This role has a large degree of scope and autonomy to improve production performance and reliability to improve human health by improving the first manufacturing step in changing patients lives for the better.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for managing production personnel to maximize quality and output from the manufacturing team.
- Accountable for achieving production targets while maintaining cost controls. At this level the role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to, additional skills, multiple lines/products, diverse teams, etc.
- Supervises production operation and work to meet production goals.
- Establishes personnel schedules and product lines based on business needs. Provides input to production flow and identifies potential manufacturing issues.
- Tracks production orders and schedules. Compiles and submits data for production and operating reports.
- Trains staff in the areas of safety and quality. Reviews work to ensure compliance with the standards. Schedules or performs training for all employees. Recommends changes to standard operational and working practices. Educates employees and observes to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Provides input to operational budget. Manages costs to improve business' financial results.
- Coordinates equipment maintenance and repair. Maintains records and notifies management of reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement.
- Facilitates departmental communications.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in a scientific/technical field as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a pharmaceutical or GMP supervised Operations environment.
- Possesses a detailed knowledge and experience of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes.
- Knowledgeable of FDA/EMEA regulatory requirements applicable to biologics and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Business Excellence and Problem Solving skills Qualifications e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Green/Black Belt or Kepner-Tregoe analysis.
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA, PhD) preferred.
- Communication and Leadership skills.
- Working on own initiative to achieve both individual and team based targets
- Great team mate with strong focus on the customer
- Strong Business Insight
- Excellent time management skills with good multi-tasking ability
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking biomedicine operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the people who already work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.