EH&S UK Office and Road Safety Specialist
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is recruiting for an Office and Road Safety Specialist, located at the Pinewood Campus, Wokingham.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office and Road Safety Specialist to support the UK offices! We are a small, yet impactful team, passionate about continuous improvement. The role assists the EH&S Office Safety Lead to facilitate compliance with requirements of the J&J Office and Road Safety Worldwide EH&S Standards and local legislation.
- Promotes workplace safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property.
- Assists in implementing EH&S policies and programs developed to ensure that workplace conditions align with all local government and company requirements.
- Assists in facilitating compliance audits by assisting management in conducting risk assessments, and by participating on EH&S teams.
- Provide support to emergency response planning.
- Provides support on EH&S queries.
- Support contractor management.
- Participate in EH&S program and other reviews, routine safety inspections and incident investigations and implementing appropriate corrective action or CAPA.
- Develop relationships with other functions (e.g., engineering, facilities and third-party vendors) to ensure EH&S consideration during projects.
- Work with UK and EMEA based colleagues to implement road safety related strategies and initiatives.
- Prepare a robust strategy for implementing, leading and completing plans, goals and actions in alignment with fleet safety standard and local requirements with a strive to reducing crashes and serious injuries within set targets.
- Reporting of UK accidents, incidents, crash types, mileage and crash costs using J&J reporting software.
- Perform data and other analysis to identify effectiveness of existing programs and establish if any new programs should be designed/implemented.
- Work with the SAFE FLEET Team and others to implement fleet safety related strategies, programs and initiatives delivering EH&S excellence in culture and performance.
- Completing administration tasks including data reporting, procurement processes and meeting preparation.
- University bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- A Health & Safety qualification (for example NEBOSH) is required.
Required experience and Skills:
- Passionate about EH&S.
- This role relies on you making positive relationships with your internal partners so strong interpersonal and collaborative skills is crucial!
- Road safety and office safety subject matter expertise/experience required.
Preferred: Membership to Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- This role will require some travel to other J&J UK Office locations, where required.
- This is a real opportunity to mould the function for the future and put your stamp on it.
- As you progress in your career there will be opportunities for a growing level of responsibility and expansion of your knowledge of the business.
- Continual personal development whilst being financially rewarded with excellent benefits and package.
It’s an exciting time to be joining our dynamic growing team.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .