JSC Global Procurement Packaging Manager
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sourcing Manager, Packaging Category. The role is based in Zug, CH; Beerse, BE; Latina, IT.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $80 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products for the pharmaceutical and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Packaging Category is primarily responsible for the global procurement of all cartons, corrugates, leaflets and labels within Janssen Supply Chain. This position has a great degree of impact on Janssen business results, supporting critical products in the market. The Packaging Sourcing Manager will be responsible for driving value with Packaging suppliers to Johnson & Johnson Companies across the assigned portfolio. The total spend is approximately $250 million, with key suppliers located primarily in EMEA and NA. The individual will be required to develop and manage strong relationships with key suppliers and lead or support various cross-functional teams to improve supplier reliability and enhance overall category strategy. In addition, this category is involved in complex projects with the need of constant collaboration with R&D, Plants and Engineering. The position will be measured based on total value creation: financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence. Also successfully introducing innovative solutions to meet our future patient needs will be critical in this role.
The Sourcing Manager, Packaging scope of responsibilities includes:
- Drive the Procurement vision: shaping supplier solutions that will transform healthcare.
- Supplier Relationship Management. Manage the interactions with critical suppliers that supply the goods and services to J&J including relationship building, data review and analysis, performance management, and reliability improvement
- Sourcing. Ensure execution of category strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders for reducing total costs of externally purchased materials, goods and services and improving levels of quality, service and value to the Business
- Contracting. Systematically and efficiently manage contract creation, approval, administration and compliance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk
- Category Strategy. Develop and drive the vision, strategy and implementation plan in close collaboration with internal stakeholders across the portfolio to deliver maximum value for J&J
- Business Engagement. Manage the needs and expectations of the Business to drive satisfaction while ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies. Lead or participate in cross-functional teams to drive reliability improvement.
- Procurement Strategy & Enablement. Develop and maintain the strategic direction for the Procurement function, ensure alignment to strategic goals and standards and effectively manage the enabling tools and technology required across the function
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is required.
- Analytical skills required to perform data analyses in support of sourcing strategy development
- Negotiation and relationship management experience required
- Ability to think strategically to drive end-to-end value for J&J is required
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills are required
- Demonstrated project management and leadership experience in managing cross functional/cross company projects is required
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions in a timely fashion is required
- Planning and organizational skills are required
- Great presentation and communication skills are required
- Proven knowledge in parenteral container and/or medical device industry is a clear asset
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Experience within the Paper packaging industry is considered an asset
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., Supplier Management and Performance, Supply Market Analysis, Cost Modeling, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., Businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Legal, Regulatory)
- Must be highly skilled at collaboration and comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Previous experience in highly complex and global environment is a must.
- Innovation / creativity in Procurement are highly desirable skills