Business Excellence CO-OP
Ethicon LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a JJPS Process Engineer COOP!
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from crafting the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our dedication to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our dedication to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Are you interested in joining a team with multifaceted strengths that is helping improve patient care and drive innovation? Apply today!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements projects that increase process efficiencies, reduce cycle time, cost, and improve overall quality of execution within assigned department using project management methodologies (I.E. FPX).
- Makes significant improvements in the assigned areas by using process excellence methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma).
- Undertakes and optimally completes simple or basic project/product development tasks to include any of the following: writing and/or verifying specifications, maintaining product/process documentation, testing processes, equipment, raw materials and product, and validating equipment and processes.
- May assist in creating concepts and designs/approaches for new products/processes/test methods.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results.
- Align with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Student; Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial, preferred.
- Incumbent must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, be in good academic standing and have completed at least two years of studies.
- Previous Internship/Coop and/or Academic Research experience is helpful.
- Extracurricular experience in a student association/organization is a plus.
- Requires fluency in Spanish and English; must have excellent ability to write in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio and Minitab knowledge is highly desirable.
- Ability to assess issues and opportunities, prioritize, and act with a sense of urgency
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.