IRL / UK Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees)
Position Title: IRL / UK Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees)
Supervisor Title: E2E Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees)
Department Name: Technical Operations
Physical Location of Role: Cork, Ireland
Reporting to the E2E Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees), the IRL / UK Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees) is responsible for leading and directing, Projects in relation to the Value Streams’ Portfolios across the Ireland and the UK. This includes, but not exclusive to, Capacity and New Product Introduction (Internal and External).
This critical role will be accountable for the performance of the Knee Value Stream Portfolios to ensure consistency in delivery of NPI launch volumes, Implementation of Capacity across Ireland, and the UK in line with the Value Stream Product Strategy Roadmaps (PSR). This includes, but not exclusive to, New Product Introduction (NPI) (Internal and External), Technology Introduction, Strategic Capacity and Risk Reduction in line with the Value Stream Product Strategy Roadmaps (PSR) and Long-Range Production Plan (LRPP).
- Management of a subset of the project portfolio within the overall Knees VS Project Portfolio with a key NPI and Capacity focus for both Ireland and the UK sites, including of all operations activities for the deployment of these projects
- Ensure that projects are run cost efficiently and deliver manufacturability and reliable products that meet original project scope.
- Effectively lead resource deployment across multiple priorities, working closely with the Plant Management & global VS team, and rigorously following business portfolio processes.
- Provide timely and accurate central reporting on project activities to the project sponsors and senior management.
- Identify, budget and report all capital spend and budget requirements & ensure appropriate financial governance in place to track and report to senior stakeholders.
- Work with E2E Engineering Delivery Lead & all appropriate functions to analyze rationale, investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for new product developments and VS project pipeline.
- Improve site development capabilities to support future growth & project delivery to business commits.
- Implement required technologies and optimized process steps in a consistent and reliable manner to ensure stable Product Delivery
- Build and execute a pipeline of KNEES Technical Projects to meet or exceed business targets in Quality, Service, Growth and Value, in line with HIP PSR.
- Ensure that all new products & processes are designed and optimized for manufacture, that process validations are fully complete and that all related process documentation is in place prior to manufacturing startup and/or product launch.
Organizational & Talent Development
- Build and develop the Project Delivery team through the selection, recruitment and development of exceptional engineering talent, and the development of core technical skills and knowledge and a focus on Excellence in Execution
- Develop compelling career progression paths & development plans for each team member.
- Develop both team and individual goals and objectives and measure actual performance, to ensure delivery of exceptional performance to internal and external customers.
- Champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Shows example setting leadership in supporting solving of difficult problems and investigations. Brings structure, logic, clarity, control, and technical excellence to complex and urgent situations.
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent financial acumen and understanding to support developing and managing functional budgets for both capital and expense costs.
- Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
25%- Technical Lead for IRL / UK Knee Portfolio Program delivery ensuring consistency and excellence in execution to the E2E Engineering Delivery Lead (Knees)
25% - Lead a Technical function of 100+ personnel to deliver best in class Business Results, managing an annual Budget of $8M, and a Capital spend of circa $25M, and delivering in line with BP and LRFP Targets
20% - Managing and implementing the introduction of enabling Manufacturing Processes, Capacity & Technologies to deliver growth volumes for the Knees Value Stream to realize yoy Revenue Generation of $1.75B+ ensuring that the Knee Manufacturing Capacity requirements are delivered.
15% - Direct the roadmap development and deployment of technologies for Knees and partner with global engineering network to maximize ownership, engagement and alignment to strategic roadmaps. Working with technology virtual teams to investigate & deliver a pipeline of advanced manufacturing technologies to be implemented in our manufacturing plants to dramatically improve Design to Value for new products.
Setting the strategic direction (e.g. Technology Roadmap) for the team and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Value Stream) and functions (e.g. Quality)
10% - Driving a culture of continuous improvement with a relentless focus on process & delivery excellence
5% - Key Member of the Knees E2E Engineering Delivery Team.
Team Budget Management, Capital & CIP targets
Required Minimum Education: Other:
- Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Engineering or a related field.
Required Years of Related Experience: 10 years plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years management experience in a Senior Operations / Engineering Management / Program Management role within a multinational organization.
- Shown experience in the development and implementation of Product Lifecycle Strategies for Life Sciences.
- Previous Portfolio & people management expertise developing and implementing processes for new products on a Global Scale.
- Proficiency on industry standards, investigations/technical assessments, compliance, and validation is required.
- Significant experience in a Global Matrixed Management Role within Life Sciences.
- Knowledgeable in
- GMP and pharmaceutical industry applicable regulations.
- Process improvement and capacity enabling methodologies.
- New product presentations and new product introduction
- All validation requirements for process, cleaning, and packaging validation
- Fluency in English.
Travel on the Job:
10% of international and domestic travel
Required Years of People Management Experience : 3 years of experience
Preferred Minimum Education : Advanced / Graduate degree is highly preferred.
Other: PhD., MBA, MSc. or MEng. Degree in Science, Engineering, or a related Discipline
Preferred Area of Study: Science, Engineering, Chemistry
Key Working Relationships
Operations, Quality, Planning, PMO, BEX & Value Stream
Direct Reports: 5
Indirect Reports: 0
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.