Senior Principal Scientist DTMP
Are you a seasoned scientist with a passion for pioneering research? Do you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director in Lead Evaluation & Cell Pharmacology, Cell Model Development (LE&CP) at our pioneering facility in Beerse, Belgium.
Role Overview: In this role, you'll lead a team within Discovery Technologies & Molecular Pharmacology (DTMP), focused on achieving crucial breakthroughs in hit identification and lead optimization across diverse therapeutic areas, including Neuroscience and Oncology projects. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams, driving the design and execution of cellular assays. Your expertise in mechanistic pharmacology will be key in characterizing lead series and drug candidates, helping us make informed decisions for project progression.
- Expert Insight: Use your deep knowledge of Neurodegeneration, Neuroimmunology, Oncology, and cellular pharmacology to guide drug candidate selection, providing insights into mechanism of action, kinetics, signaling bias, and implementing translational cell models.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of accomplished PhD scientists, assisting them in developing strategies and conducting experiments for lead selection and optimization across various therapeutic modalities, including small and large molecules, RNA Therapeutics, novel cell therapies, and gene therapy.
- Innovation: Bring forth groundbreaking ideas aligned with our scientific strategies, driving our DTMP technology platform strategy to enable flexible approaches.
- Strategic Contribution: Assume a leadership role within DTMP, contributing to early portfolio discussions and representing DTMP's capabilities at key decision-making forums.
- Collaboration: Lead DTMP phenotypic screening strategies for Hit ID and Lead optimization through effective collaboration with other DTMP functions and TA leaders.
- Knowledge Sharing: Stay updated on the latest scientific literature within your field, serving as a resource and contributing novel, assay ideas in line with evolving scientific strategies and demands.
- Education: Hold a Ph.D. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or Biotechnology, complemented by over 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Scientific Expertise: Demonstrate mastery in the fields of Neuroscience, Oncology, and related Therapeutic Areas, with a strong foundation in Cell Pharmacology.
- Leadership Skills: Showcase strong leadership skills, effectively guiding interdisciplinary teams and fostering collaboration across scientific fields.
- Hands-on Expertise: Possess hands-on knowledge in isolating, culturing primary cells, and developing functional cellular assays.
- Data Analysis: Exhibit a strong ability to analyze and interpret high-dimensional data, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
Personal Skills and Competencies:
- Intellectual Curiosity: Stay informed about the latest scientific advancements in your field.
- Innovative Thinking: Demonstrate creativity and innovative problem-solving.
- Independence: Work autonomously, consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Organization: Manage multiple projects concurrently with strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Possess excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and the ability to present scientific data and concepts effectively.
- Attention to Detail: Maintain meticulous record-keeping standards, ensuring precision in all endeavors.
· An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
· Working on a site that harbors all aspects of the drug discovery process, located close to the vibrant city of Antwerp.
· A competitive salary, on-site sport accommodations, health/energy programs and other benefits for you and your family.
· Flexible working hours (40 h/week), no fixed holiday planning with 39 holidays and possibility to work at home for non-laboratory related tasks.
· An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
Join our dynamic team at the forefront of scientific innovation, where your expertise will drive transformative discoveries. If you're ready to make a lasting impact in the world of pharmaceutical research, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.