Manager, Procurement CMC & Devices
R&D Procurement is recruiting for a Manager Procurement CMC & Devices, preferably located in Beerse (Belgium) or Springhouse/Titusville (US). Secondary locations are Zug (Switzerland) and Shanghai (China).
You will be leading a part of the Small Molecules Category of Janssen Research Procurement (JRP) with the business stakeholders of the Technical Development & Supply (TDS) department located in Beerse and suppliers across the globe.
The role’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Determine the Pharma business needs of selected modalities of the Small Molecules category, and devise Procurement strategies to advance those priorities.
- Identify industry trends that Procurement must build into its category strategies to ensure sustainable relevance to the Pharma business.
- Lead major strategic negotiations for owned modalities on behalf of TDS.
- Participate in the CMC & Devices and New Product Development & Supply Team within JRP.
- Work in close connection with stakeholders of TDS (Small Molecules).
- Manage the relationship with the preferred suppliers of selected modalities of the Small Molecules CMC subcategory.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Own and lead category strategy development and implementation (including negotiation of Master Service Agreements).
- Own and lead key supplier relationships.
- Lead sourcing events and strategic projects & negotiations.
- Engage with the Agile Team with JRP & Global Services Team.
- Engage in Functional Activities (Sustainability, Budget Process, etc).
- Required minimum education : bachelor’s degree within Science (MBA or further advanced degree is desirable).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required.
- Preferred related industry experience in Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical.
- Strong business acumen – the ability to understand challenges through the eyes of the business stakeholders.
- Influencing skills – the ability to persuade others to change behaviour in pursuit of a common goal.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with the business stakeholders, as well as with peers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills , with the ability to confidently give presentations.
- Broad-based understanding of and interest in core procurement areas of focus (spend management, category management, supplier management and negotiation).
- Demonstrated learning agility.
- Preferred skills and abilities : Present to audiences. Credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community, based on experience. Ability to leading cross-functional teams and reaching a conclusion. Experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
- If not located within the same time zone as the business stakeholders, be prepared to adjust working hours (within reason) when really required.
- Travel 10%.
- Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- The employers of the Johnson & Johnson family value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams that reflect both the patients and the partners we support. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where our people feel at home and are given the space to realize their full potential.