Senior R&D Program Manager
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for the position of Sr. R&D Program Manager, Orthopedic Robotics. This position will be located in Warsaw, IN, consideration may be given for the right candidate to be based out of Boston, MA; Raynham, MA; or Cincinnati, OH.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, with specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The R&D Program Manager, Orthopaedic Robotics, leads the R&D project management organization (PMO) for project activities for VELYS ™ Robotic Assisted Solution. These activities include, but are not limited to, new product development, global expansion of launched products, line extensions, lifecycle management, planning and manufacturing, deployment and inventory retrieval and documentation processes related product and portfolio strategy.
The candidate for this role must be a strong collaborator who takes the time to understand team member needs, is organized, flexible to change, and able to keep track of and complete the detailed work. The candidate should apply good judgment and discretion and have the flexibility to respond to shifting priorities.
In this role you will:
- In collaboration with x-functional stakeholders, create and drive accountability for holistic VRAS pipeline launch cadence aligned to strategic vision set by Global Marketing. Drive x-functional visibility & alignment to VRAS project prioritization, budget, resourcing, timeline and escalate issues as needed.
- Through team members, support development of Robotics project plans (including timeline, budget, and resource plans) and coordinate with project and extended team members, assuring alignment to the strategy and appropriate resourcing required of project execution.
- Develop program metrics to align with supporting stakeholder bodies within DePuy Synthes Franchise and MedTech Sector . Metrics will be developed to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Manage program risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques.
- Lead a team of Project Managers as they manage projects within the Robotics portfolio.
- Drive effective communication across the functions of R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Operations and Marketing to ensure successful collaboration and execution.
- Schedule and lead regular project team meetings.
- Contribute to the decision making in key areas of portfolio lifecycle, including financial, project planning, and human resources.
- Ensure project execution is compliant with franchise policies and Quality System requirements, enabling mandatory training and certifications as necessary to release products in various global markets.
- Support development of enterprise policies and procedures that govern future portfolio development and lifecycle management principles.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance preferred.
- Master’s degree or MBA (Master of Business Administration) preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of project leadership experience in a highly regulated area. Experience in medical devices and/or orthopedic specialties preferred.
- Experience in new product development R&D, manufacturing and/or supply chain function.
- Experience with electro-mechanical and/or software/electronics systems (e.g. Robotics, Large Capital equipment)
- Experience in leading a project through full project life cycle (pre-charter to launch).
- Experience managing financial and budgetary aspects of programs, including business case and portfolio management.
- Proven ability to have difficult conversations with team members, peers and superiors
- Demonstrated growth-mindset and outstanding leadership ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate with team members, x-functional stakeholders, and leadership team.
- Ability to be flexible while handling conflicting, shifting, and challenging priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proven people management experience with success managing diverse workforce.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK, Agile, Scrum, PMX) and PLM Systems (Windchill, Adaptive, Polarion, Cadence).
- Experience in communicating with senior leaders and customers.
- Problem-solving ability with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Experience managing utilizing the Agile development process.
- Experience with 510K and/or CE marking standards.
- Scrum Master certification.
Location & Travel
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN; however, consideration may be given for the right candidate to be based out of Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. If based in MA or OH, candidate must be willing to commit to frequent travel to Warsaw, IN.
- This position may require up to 25% travel including international. There may be months that could require more travel and others where no travel is required.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.