National Sales Manager - J&J Vision - UK & Ireland
National Sales Manager - Johnson & Johnson Vision
Region: UK & Ireland
Deadline to apply: 25th September
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “ YOU Belong”!
Acuvue, a Johnson & Johnson brand?
Yes! Acuvue is part of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies UK & Ireland, a division of Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited, which is committed to transforming the world's vision. We strive to increase awareness of the importance of vision and vision care and to provide the world's best vision correction choices.
Purpose of the role
This pivotal role is responsible for exploring, crafting then leading the execution of our go-to-market field sales strategy. As we look to keep pace with expanding customer and patient needs, we need to evolve our approach to ensure we drive profitable, above market growth across all the channels we operate in. This will require optimisation of our sales strategy by establishing and refining new operating models, embedded in the core fundamentals of sales force effectiveness, and elevating our field sales capability to become genuine business partners to our customers. This role will also need to champion internally the voice of the customer and field and collaborate closely with the commercial leads and other supporting functions (regional sales, marketing, professional, compliance, analytics, finance) to deliver outstanding results. This individual will be responsible for the line leadership of the full field sales team covering 4 Area Sales Managers and 33 Acuvue Account Managers.
Lead a Field Sales Team to drive the growth and success of the business. Maintain excellent commercial and environmental knowledge and gain insights to ensure the most effective national sales strategy crafting the business to ensure growth.
Tactically operates across the full breadth of our customer base, delivering outstanding results and exceptional commercial competence in a way that improves sales opportunities nationally. Be responsible for the team development and ensure best practice performance and development processes are applied.
What to expect
As one of the leading markets in EMEA and top 6 globally you will be joining a highly motivated, diverse, hard-working team that is fully focused on achieving market leading growth, improved patient and customer experiences and committed to creating a positive environment for our talent to grow and excel.
You will have full accountability for all the field sales workstreams and day to day governance and leadership. This will include shaping our go-to-market plan, launching new products across the customer base, implementing with excellence the sales force effectiveness roadmap, sales force upskilling to empower the team to realise their targets, coordinating national sales meetings and events and delivering a progressive commission structure that motivates the team to deliver outstanding results. Additionally connect with the UK&Ireland leadership team and functional peers to engage all relevant internal (local, regional, and global) colleagues to align behind your plans to ensure profitable, above market growth.
- Achieving national sales growth targets through CREDO based leadership of the national sales team.
- Defines business goals, aligned with overall business strategies, to be met through a comprehensive sales territory led approach with thorough measurement of impact and return on investment.
- Building and maintaining a highly effective diverse sales team environment that encourages performance excellence, retains top talent, and leads to personal and interpersonal growth embedding a Winning Spirit.
- Future-proofing the territory alignment to deliver efficiencies across the board.
- Effective compliance management of the team
- Coaching and development of team members to maximise their sales performance through appropriate use of sales force effectiveness methodology and performance & development process. Accelerate development of high potential employees.
- Monitor, track, report all core metrics linked to the field sales team.
- Gathers relevant internal and external customer insights and input to shape your strategies.
- Own and deliver, with full alignment of local and regional partners the sales commission framework.
- Developing and leading positive relationships with key customers and opinion leaders.
- Lead coordinator of all National Sales Meetings and team events throughout the year.
- Effectively develops and gains support for business plans focused on end-to-end execution.
- Secures and handles vital discretionary budget.
Key to success will be your effective teamwork and strong day to day management in driving and influencing the sales team to effectively implement our strategies to the market.
Who you will be working with
Reporting into the UK&Ireland Sales Director, you will work closely with a range of internal partners, including:
- Commercial Sales Leadership Team (CSLT)
- UK Management Team
- Regional Commercial Excellence
- Regional (EMEA) Sales counterparts
- Area Sales Managers (x4 direct reports)
- Acuvue Account Managers (x33)
- Professional Education
- Regulatory & Compliance
- Sales Analytics
- Trade Marketing
Who are we looking for?
- Advanced sales experience within a medical or healthcare environment, to excel in this role, you will have a proven track record of success within your previous and current role.
- Have successfully operated in a senior leadership capacity, able to operate under pressure and lead teams through change and complexity.
- Strong commercial skill. Previous experience working with different channels and retail customer groups is helpful.
- Experience of shaping national plans and leading through others.
- Forge lasting relationships with critical partners both internally and externally to drive your plans and strategies forward while building J&J Vision's reputation as a trusted partner.
- Excellent listening skills and be an effective communicator who can present in a clear, engaging, and inspiring manner both your aims and objectives, and the expectations of others.
- Extensive experience of people leadership would be advantageous as this role will have formal coaching and direct leadership expectations.
- Effective delegation and prioritisation are critical skills to enable you to work with efficiency and focus while empowering others around you to broaden their leadership experience.
- An understanding of the UK Optical system, including the various customers and commercial processes – evidenced through direct experience - would be advantageous but not critical.
- Maintain deep selling expertise and product knowledge to ensure strategies maintain relevance to evolving market demands.
- Proficient in English both verbal and written communication.
- Must be self-disciplined, organised, and be able to take ownership and responsibility for business objectives and your own time management.
- Full and clean driving licence with a willingness to travel, 25-30% of the role will be in the field with the team and customers.
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well and your mind. When you work at Johnson & Johnson you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU ?
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at Johnson & Johnson we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. As part of our offering, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include: online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and select.