Finance Intern - Global Cash & Bank
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
We are searching for a Finance Intern to join our Global Cash & Bank team from mid January to early May 2024. If you are strong in critical thinking, self-motivated and detail oriented, then we invite you to embark on an exciting internship journey with us!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports accounting activities associated with maintaining control of accounts, records and for the development of reports in the following areas: disbursements, expenses, tax payment, income, financial accounting, and/or cost accounting.
- Assists in monthly analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, analyzes financial information, prepares reports, and verifies accuracy
- Compiles data pertaining to spending for existing contracts
- Performs daily and monthly financial and accounting transactions with the general ledger system
- Assists with investigation into daily accounting issues where procedures may not be well defined.
- Aids automation and streamlining of internal and business reporting processes.
- Performs various basic general accounting duties including development of simple reports
- and analysis of specific accounts as required.
- Ensure that service levels and targets are met as per Service Level Agreements
- Ensure proper and timely escalation of issues so that they are resolved to meet expectations
- Perform problem tracking and ensures that issues are properly documented, prioritized, tracked and resolved within SLA
- Identify opportunities of improvement and work with team leads to implement the opportunities
- Ensure that documentations are complete and up to date.
- Support auditors and legal authorities with the execution of required activities
- Regular focus on Balance sheets to minimize open items.
- Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business-related courses
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Teamwork spirit and can work under pressure
- Result oriented, able to succeed in a deadline-oriented environment
- Learning agility, adaptability to change with a growth mindset
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, respect, team building and cultural sensitivity and awareness
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.