Senior Scientist, Biomarkers
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for a Senior Scientist Biomarkers within the Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Retinal and Pulmonary Hypertension (CVMR&PH) Biomarker Team located in Cambridge, MA or Spring House, PA.
The CVMR-PH Biomarker Team is composed of experts in Pulmonary Hypertension and Retinal Diseases and supports programs across the value chain in the CVMR-PH therapeutic area, both for biomarker discovery and development.
The successful candidate:
- will serve as a Biomarker Lead for preclinical or clinical programs in the development and implementation of high caliber translational biomarker packages aimed at identifying and qualifying novel biomarkers enabling assessment of target engagement, pharmacodynamic action and precision medicine for all programs throughout the pipeline
- will be effective in the execution, guidance and troubleshooting of lab experiments for human-based in vitro/ex vivo stimulation models and new assay development for disease understanding, target validation, and disease indication exploration
- will operate in a highly collaborative environment interacting with multiple internal and external stakeholders contributing high quality and timely deliverables as assessed by stakeholders such as the project team, the clinical trial team, and Biomarker/CVMR&PH leadership
- will ensure delivery of completed data and analyses in support of key programs achievements and drive technical excellence in translational science and biomarker research and contribute to the group’s strategic direction
Key Working Relationships
- Disease area biologists and working group leads actively pursuing novel targets in disease areas of strategic priority.
- Program team leads, Biomarker leads, Translational medicine leads,
- Clinical development team leads and clinical statisticians.
- Computational biology & population genetics scientists.
- Innovation leads and business development personnel
- Active Janssen collaborating principal investigators and analysts (non HCPs & HCP’s).
- PI’s and consortium leaders in human & mouse genetics & systems biology.
- Industry colleagues in similar roles at competitor companies on precompetitive initiatives.
- A minimum of a PhD with at least 3 years of relevant experience performing at the Scientist level is required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement a biomarker strategy for a program in an industry or academia setting is required
- Demonstrated ability to work on assay development in a laboratory setting, and generate and accurately document data is required
- Breadth of lab skills to address various types of biomarkers, modalities, and matrices, across animal models and human samples is required
- In-depth understanding of the research laboratory environment; familiarity with all basic and some complex laboratory equipment / instrumentation is required
- Consistent track record on publication of biomarker data in high-quality scientific, technical, or medical journals is required
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and represent biomarker/precision medicine area in the projects and contribute to decision making is required
- This position may require 10% travel
- Experience working with exosomes is preferred
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferred
- Experience with clinical diagnostics and their uses is preferred
- Experience with clinical sample handling is preferred
- Prior experience in working with external companies and alliance partners is preferred
- Experience in transitioning biomarker strategies from pre-clinical to clinical setting, including implementation of biomarker plans in clinical studies and review and interpretation of data is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com