Associate director/Manager, Health Economics Modeling
Janssen Global Services is currently recruiting for an Associate Director/Manager Health Economics -Modeling, within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), to be located in Raritan, NJ or Beerse, Belgium. This role will be in the HUB (Global Market Access & Commercial Strategy Operations) team and will support Health Economics functional excellence across GCSO.
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson. The following groups make up JGS: Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Global Pharmaceutical Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceutical Procurement Group (USPPG); and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development (PGBD).
The Associate Director/Manager Health Economics - Modeling
Lead the development (from concept to programming and final reporting), refinement and adaptation of economic models including cost-effectiveness, budget impact and burden of illness models.
The work will involve the in-house "hands-on" development of models as well as management and quality assurance and validation of work conducted by other people and external vendors.
The associate director/Manager health economics-Modeling
· Will independently lead the conceptualization of the economic models, plan modeling strategies and identify proper data that are aligned with model strategies. Data sources include clinical trials, health-related quality of life studies, costing studies, systematic literature reviews and indirect treatment comparisons, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies.
· S/he may also draft the development and/or statistical analysis plans if additional data analysis is required for economic models.
S/he will develop tools that explain and capture local data for the adaptation of models as well as develop high quality, user-friendly documentation (technical report and presentation file) for the end-users. This role will also co-lead with brand and functional leaders in the country roll-out and training of global models. Strong intellectual curiousity and creativity as well as the ability to collaborate across diverse cross-functional and cross-regional teams are critical attributes for the role.
The Associate Director/Manager Health Economics will support the preparation of the relevant sections of reimbursement submissions/dossiers and technical assessment documents. S/he will also be required to lead and/or prepare abstracts and conference presentations, as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
· A post-graduate qualification in an appropriate field (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics, Economics/Commerce, Public Health, Health Administration or Operations Research) is preferred.
· A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in Health Economics or Outcomes Research is required.
· Advanced skills with Excel and Visual Basic programming for modeling is also required.
· Strong quantitative skills with a deep understanding of indirect treatment comparison methodology, statistical analysis of clinical trials and observational studies are preferred.
· An understanding of the reimbursement requirements for key international markets is required and experience with reimbursement submissions to managed care or national authorities is preferred.
· The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate collaboration and teaming skills while working within cross-functional international teams.
· The position is based in Raritan, NJ, or Beerse, Belgium, and will require domestic and international travel as needed.
The role can be filled at Manager or Associate Director level, depending on the experience of the candidate.