Event Management Student Placement
Duration: 12 months
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Johnson & Johnson Vision is a division of the largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of healthcare products in the world. In 20 years, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has established itself as the world leader in contact lenses and its ACUVUE ® brand is currently the number one selling lens in the world, distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
Johnson & Johnson are passionate about bringing healthy vision to everyone, everywhere, every day. Our mission is to lead in quality, customer experience, innovation and growth across the world. We are committed to becoming our customers’ most valued partner in vision care through not only providing the most innovative products, but also the practices and services that consistently add value to their business. We are dedicated to improving patient satisfaction and helping our customers to achieve greater fitting success through providing continuous education. We invest consistently to raise the awareness and generating interest amongst consumers to the benefits of wearing contact lenses.
To take overall responsibility for the logistics associated with the running of education courses and events externally and at the Johnson & Johnson Institute and/or digitally.
To coordinate the education activity for Eye Care Professionals, including locums, national conferences and e-learning through the J&J Vision website.
Coordinate the logistics of the overall Success Through Education Programme (STEP ® ).
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Support UK Professional Education and Development Team with regards to event planning, organisation and execution.
· Management of logistics for attendees and faculty members attending courses physically or digitally.
· Ensure the smooth running of courses by being main point of contact on the day for faculty and attendees.
· Work with Johnson & Johnson Vision suppliers i.e. hotels, transport providers, where applicable to ensure delivery of required services as part of education delivery.
· Ensure all activities are carried out in line with Health Care Compliance (HCC) guidelines and HCC processes for events and engagement of contractors are in place.
· Source new promotional materials and manage the process from briefing an agency to taking delivery of the finished article.
· Support the copy approval process for professional content and materials.
· Tracking of attendance at events and managing pre and post event processes for events.
· Manage Continuing Education & Training credits upload to the General Optical Council portal for all non-Key Account educational activities.
· 2 years of degree level study completed
· A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
· Business related, event management degree types preferred
· May require travel to event venues with occasional overnight stays
· Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Problem solving skills
· Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
· Strong organisational skills and decision-making skills including accountability and ownership of projects
· Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
· Be confident to manage day to day events on their own
· Ability to manage workload and prioritisation of tasks
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 7th October, but could close earlier if we receive too many applications.
#JnJEMEAStudentCareers #JnJEMEAMedicalDevices #JNJEMEAUndergraduate #JNJEMEAPlacement