Associate Director HTA & Decision Science
Janssen Global Services is currently recruiting for an Associate Director HTA Decision Science, within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), to be located in Raritan, NJ or Beerse, Belgium. This role will be in the HUB (Global Market Access & Commercial Strategy Operations) team and will support Health Technology Assessment & Decision Support across GCSO.
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business-critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson.
The Associate Director HTA Decision Science (DS) will be part of the Health Technology assessment (HTA) & DS team. This team is responsible to support Janssen’s activities to meet the needs of increasingly evidence-driven and cost-conscious HTA agencies and payers around the world and to inform internal decision making by (1) providing subject matter expertise on HTA requirements and championing access-led development and evidence generation, (2) by enabling data-driven internal decision making and (3) by ensuring organizational learning and knowledge through consistent application of processes & best practices.
Main deliverables for the role
- HTA analytics: Generate qualitative and quantitative HTA agency and payer insights to inform internal decision making.
- Analyse and track Janssen Market Access performance on key metrics/ indicators & benchmark.
- HTA intelligence: Analyse and understand key drivers behind past and current HTA agency decisions & derive transferrable learnings.
- Prediction of HTA outcomes/ HTA predictive analytics: Lead development of predictive tool, in collaboration with external partners
- Share learnings to support assessment of market access risks of ongoing programs and estimation of future access success.
- Develop and implement internal planning, tracking, and reporting system.
Collaborate with cross-functional Global Market Access (product) teams and enable data-driven decision making by
- Compiling and analysing data to generate qualitative & quantitative HTA & payer insights.
- Using these insights to provide answers to key business questions, to benchmark and to support recommendations for internal decision making.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Qualitative and quantitative HTA/ payer insights:
- Frame decision problem, investigate options and perform data analyses to provide answers to key business questions. Extract data from various internal and external databases and perform (scenario) analyses by determining and using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Use data visualization tools to present, explain & contextualize analytical results and to develop actionable insights. Provide access to these insights by developing charts, presentations, reports, briefings and dashboards.
- HTA outcome predictions: In collaboration with external partners/ vendors, lead further development of HTA outcome prediction tool to support market access- and evidence generation-related decision making; understand and critically review underlying predictive and regression-based models/ algorithms.
- Janssen Market Access performance tracking: Analyze and track Janssen Market Access performance on key metrics/ indicators, incl. market access outcomes performance and market access internal process performance; benchmark internally and vs competitors/ industry.
- Coordinate information gathering ahead of key business meetings and compile information for the timely preparation of dashboards/ reports and distribute to appropriate individuals/ teams within established timelines.
- Develop and implement internal planning, tracking and reporting system
- Communicate with global Market Access teams and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with numerous partners and internal stakeholders, including the Market Access Analytics & Real-World Evidence team, the Health Economic Modelling team and the Global Pricing Analytics team.
Critical attributes for the role:
The Associate Director will work closely with other functions in the Market Access Center of Excellence and the Global Compound Market Access leaders as required. Strategic, analytical, and critical thinking, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, creativity as well as the ability to collaborate across diverse teams are critical attributes for the role.
- A postgraduate degree (e.g., MSc or PhD, PharmD, MD) in a relevant discipline (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, (Health) Economics, Health Technology Assessment, Medicine, Public Health) is required.
- 4+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Working knowledge of the reimbursement requirements, key decision drivers for HTA, and HTA review processes for key international markets is a requirement; hands-on experience with industry HTA submissions or previous work at an HTA agency is preferred.
- Basic understanding of regulatory authority processes and drug development is required.
- Applied knowledge of statistical techniques is required to analyze a variety of different types of process and performance data & different data sets (qualitative and quantitative) and to benchmark.
- Hands-on experience and advanced skills with Excel are required.
- Working knowledge of predictive analytical techniques incl. regression models, machine learning, decision trees.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with techniques for data visualization.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A global mindset and cross-functional and cross-regional team collaboration is a must.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience: Experience with applied work in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Neuroscience, Immunology, Pulmonary Hypertension, Cardiovascular & Metabolism, and Ophthalmology is preferred.
The position is based in Raritan, NJ, or Beerse, Belgium, and will require domestic and international travel as needed.