Associate Director - Advanced Analytics, Oncology (Solid Tumor)
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting an Associate Director, Advanced Analytics Oncology (Solid Tumor) to support the commercial organization. This position is located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This role is responsible for leading Advanced Analytics in Oncology (Solid Tumor). This leader will be responsible for creating sustainable advanced analytics solutions (including AI/ML) to solve complex unmet needs for our customers. This individual will influence decision-making at senior levels and drive revenue/share growth. This individual is proficient in the real-world application of data science and advanced analytics with experience working across teams with varied strengths to help bridge technology, commercial and data teams.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for planning and directing the development and deployment of machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions that align with and support the business’ strategic imperatives. These solutions will be forward looking and monitored for business impact.
- Development of a credo-based company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and dedication.
- Lead a team of highly skilled and specialized data science and analytics talent in testing, implementing, measuring, scaling, and maintaining analytics to guide critical business decisions through ground-breaking analytics.
- Handle relationships and overall project management with external vendors, sales leadership, brand teams and other commercial partners across commercial excellence
- Act as an internal consultant, proactively identifying and developing solutions to bring continual innovation to Janssen
- Serve as a talent accelerator who will acquire, nurture and develop best in class data science and analytics talent for your team
- Lead budget management, resource allocation, project prioritization and scenario planning across the team
- Lead story development and presentation of analytical solutions to clearly communicate value and ensure continuous partner approval.
- Build, evolve and manage Marketing Mix Models to provide insights and recommendations to optimize promotional efforts
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree in a field such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience in analytics, management consulting or related field is required (commercially relevant experience preferred)
- Ability to translate business questions into analytics techniques (regression classification, NLP, etc.) and interpret outcomes of analytical models into relevant business insights and concrete recommendations is required
- Advanced knowledge of advanced statistical & Machine Learning techniques and concepts (model selection and hypothesis testing, statistical inference, promotional response modeling, supervised/unsupervised learning, tree-based models, etc.) and experience with real-world applications is required
- Expertise in domain specific data sets of pharma and specialty pharmacy data sources (including RWE, Patient level data, & sales data sources) is required
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and department and department staff development
- Excellent problem solving and ability to translate patient related questions into analytical solutions, designing detailed methodology, and deriving insights (examples of patient studies could include Source of Business, Abandonment, Persistency & Compliance, Patient Journey, & Market sizing) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and presentation) with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and engage across a broad range of business partners and functions.
- Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
This position is located in Horsham, PA and will require up to 15% domestic travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $135K to $202K USD.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.