Lab Engineering Technician IV
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), Inc. is currently recruiting for a Lab Engineering Technician IV . This is a full-time position, in the Quality organization, located in Jacksonville, FL .
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Lab Engineering Technician, in the Customer Experience Engineering (CxE) organization, will be accountable for developing, automating, and sustaining customer insight driven solutions on products for the purpose of driving customer experience advances. This position will work at a technical expertise level involving process development fundamentals that support corrections / improvements / risk management. Some of the responsibilities of the position may include preparing protocols, product testing, product packaging, data analysis, laboratory management and communication of data/results or procedural changes to the team.
The role requires the use of a variety of tools to develop process improvements and will apply process characterization and optimization skills to craft experiments, problem solve and make decision. This position partners with various functions across the organization and/or J&J franchises and requires the development of strong partnerships with internal/external industry leaders, and primary vendors to uphold an understanding of the state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies, methods, and equipment.
A successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Perform variety of assignments using a wide range of Engineering principles or applications with direction and is a self-starter.
- Motivated to work in a technical environment that will involve planning development, design of materials, equipment, and/or processes.
- Ability to plan, provide timely delivery and reporting for all project work across various functions.
- Lead all aspects of laboratory, work area and equipment upkeep to meet EHS procedures and inspections requirements to maintain a safe and conforming workspace.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Develop analytical insights using various digital tools i.e., microscopes, high speed cameras, etc.
As an Engineering Technician, you will:
- Provide technical and process support on projects by conducting experiments, inspection, testing, packaging, development of procedures or equipment to improve process variability or reliability as needed.
- Lead and update laboratory as needed to meet JJV safety standards per procedures by maintaining equipment/software in compliance and functioning.
- Practice vigilance for lab safety, environmental safety, product quality, ergonomics, and hazardous energy control.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation for alignment to GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations.
- Investigate alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability.
- Must be flexible and able to lead multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A minimum of a Vocational, Certificate, Technical or Associates degree is required; Bachelor’s degree in a Science/Engineering is highly preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years of related work experience.
- At least two (2) years of college, trade, or military training in technical field OR equivalent industrial experience emphasizing in basic electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics.
- PC proficiency including the following software packages required: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CAD familiarity particularly 3D CAD—SolidWorks or Inventor, and 3D printing.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Position will have the following physical demands: stooping, walking, pulling, light lifting (up to 25 lbs.), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, and crawling.
- Ability to travel, if needed, as this position may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
- Ability to support occasional night shift (8-hr shift sometime between the hours of 4pm-6am) work required.
- Proven understanding and troubleshooting skills in the following areas preferred: Process Improvement, electro/mechanical devices, electrical & mechanical prints, green belt certification or training.
- Able to manipulate image files and edit videos with camera systems and relevant software.
- Experience working in laboratory and FDA environment desired. Familiarity with manufacturing and validation in a regulated (FDA) environment is recommended.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .