Associate Scientist Co-Op (Gurabo)
At Johnson & Johnson , we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges! Our Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're reinventing outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with progressive ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reinvent healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Engineering Co-op Overview
Janssen Supply Chain encompasses supply chain and engineering organizations across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. This model enables strategic supply chain decision-making across our companies, while keeping supply chain organizations embedded in our sectors and connected to our businesses. All functions that “plan, source, make and deliver” our products – are part of J&J Supply Chain. Process begins at raw component sourcing to end-product distribution with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our technologically advanced corporate environment focuses on developing individual engineering, business and scientific skills.
Life as an Engineering Co-op
Our University hires play an important role in enhancing our business. The Co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. When you join our family, you will work on projects that improve your leadership, analytical, and project management skills. Multi-functional teamwork provides an opportunity to partner with a variety of people in our organization. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
- 2022 co-op typical term is 12 months. Some teams may offer a shorter term.
- Assignment may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite and may require relocation.
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
Available Co-op Areas
- Product/Demand Planning
- Project Management
- Warehouse and Distribution
- Business Excellence
- Process Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Operations Engineering
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an accredited college/institution and be in good academic standing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 is required. GPA over 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at accredited University is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Previous intern or co-op experience is preferred.
- Availability to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (Spanish – English).
Our required majors are:
- Engineering (Computer/Software, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical)
- Engineering-related major
- Biology, Biochemestry, Chemical
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.