Field Engineer - Southeast
Avail Medsystems is a medical technology company founded in Palo Alto, CA in 2017 to power clinical connectivity and accelerate the advancement of healthcare. Through technology, Avail removes the barriers and inefficiencies of in-person medical collaboration such as travel and costs. Avail is considered the pioneer of “Procedural Telemedicine” with an advanced self-contained hardware/software technology platform that enables remote physicians and medical device industry representatives to instantly join a procedure from an easy-to-use app on their iPad or laptop and communicate two-way with operating physicians. The need for remote clinical connectivity has grown significantly with COVID-19, accentuating the need for more efficient healthcare interactions in the long-term. As a result, Avail is a fast-paced and groundbreaking technology company experiencing rapid growth.
We are looking for a passionate Field Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters and good team players. Join us in our journey to improve healthcare.
- Support hospital system clients located in the Southeast US
- Coordinate with our logistics team to ensure on-time delivery and setup of hardware
- Lead the deployment and initial setup process for new installations
- Work with hospitals to configure firewalls / routers and diagnose networking issues
- Act as a liaison to hospital IT departments to ensure connectivity of our field units
- Ensure high quality video call capability and perform on-site debugging when issues are found
- Train physicians and hospital staff on device usage, common troubleshooting scenarios and workflow using Avail system
- Triage field units with minor repairs (e.g., component replacement, running cables, etc.,)
- Manage updates & ensure smooth functioning of live deployed machines
- Provide detailed feedback on issues seen in the field to engineering team for troubleshooting and potential solution enhancements
- Frequent travel to customer locations for implementation & training of new hospital clients. Estimate 30-60% travel (US only)
- Location is flexible, location near major airline hub desirable
- 3+ years of Information Technology and support experience required
- Familiarity with macOS and Windows OS
- Good understanding of computer hardware assembly and troubleshooting
- Good general troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Desire to assist non-technical coworkers with troubleshooting & on-boarding
- Ability to troubleshoot devices deployed in remote locations
- Comfortable conducting on-site physical repairs and debugging
- Basic understanding of WebRTC
- Ability to work independently, manage time
- Basic project management skills, working with individuals across multiple levels and roles within an organization.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write well and interact with senior level employees at customer sites in a customer service-oriented manner
- Ability to positively represent Avail to all customers (e.g., exceeding client expectations)
- Strong EQ, customer-facing experience and customer handling skills
- Able to complete vendor representative credentials required by various hospitals (e.g., vaccinations including Covid-19, drug testing, etc.,)
- Clinical background, familiarity with medical environment (surgery centers, operating rooms, sterile field procedures, etc.,)
- 5 Years experience with procedures in Operating Room, EP/Cath Lab
- Healthcare IT background
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge about human anatomy and medical imaging
- Credentialing (IT, Technical, Medical)
- Process orientation (ability to break tasks into sequential steps, identify opportunities to streamline processes)
- Information Security and Privacy background
- BS in computer engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge about HIPAA Compliance
- Knowledge of hospital imaging equipment and standards
Physical job requirements:
- Physical dexterity to move around hospital environment
- Ability to move heavy equipment, attach cables, occasionally lift objects
Work Location: This position is open to all applicants in the Southeastern US.
Avail Medsystems provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.