Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Client Platform)
Avail Medsystems Overview
Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company based in Silicon Valley that is reinventing education, innovation, and day-to-day collaboration in medicine. Avail offers a complete hardware and software telepresence system connecting human expertise and digital tools in and out of the operating room. Our system includes a consistent hardware platform with integrated software in operating rooms, audibly and visually connecting remote participants and serving as the hub for advanced digital capabilities including AI and machine learning, in a secure cloud-based digital telepresence network.
With Avail, expertise can be available in the operating room whenever its needed, even if not physically present, and the medical device industry can connect with physician customers more meaningfully and efficiently to innovate and bring new devices to market, and physicians can collaborate and share experiences about new techniques, all to advance medicine together. Bloomberg has called Avail “Zoom for the OR” and many more have referred to Avail as “technology for the future of the OR.”
Who You Are
Are you interested in defining collaboration in the operating room, building and delivering the platform that provides surgical teams’ access to life-saving expertise from around the world in real-time?
Are you excited about working with video, audio, and computer vision to create a 360-degree experience for remote surgical collaboration?
Are you interested in mastering and applying a variety of technologies – both hardware and software – to deliver the most stable, secure, and feature-rich solution possible?
Are you driven to develop state of the art user-experiences, that are intuitive, efficient & elegant?
Do you thrive in a positive, mission-focused environment where collaboration is key, and cooperation is a core value?
If this sounds like you, come join our team of passionate technologists changing an industry and making world-class surgical expertise available to everyone! We have meeting-free Wednesdays too!
What You Will Do
- Be part of defining and developing a robust and resilient video solution designed to bring the operating room to experts around the globe
- Lead technical discussions as part of a dynamic cross-functional team
- Leverage your passion for developing outstanding software to inspire and be inspired
- Work closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, Cloud and Mobile Engineering Teams
- Interface with a world-class technical support team to identify and address field issues
- Work in an always evolving and improving Agile Environment
What We Need
- Strong understanding of MacOS fundamentals
- Experience working with web-based video conferencing technologies such as WebRTC
- Full Stack Developer with Node.js and UX expertise
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and associated tools (e.g. JIRA, GIT, CI/CD)
- Some familiarity with Swift and or Objective C
Nice to Have
- Experience integrating with 3rd Party communication providers (e.g. Twilio, Vonage, Chime)
- Experience with React.js
- Experience developing Linux-based client applications.
- Experience with Asynchronous Messaging platforms (e.g. Kafka, Pub Nub, IBM MQ)
- Experience with JS-based desktop application frameworks (e.g. Electron, AppJS, Tauri)
- Experience with Typescript.
- Familiarity with Google’s Material Design.
- Familiarity with modern UI test frameworks (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, Appium)
- Functional Programing Evangelist
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
5+ years of experience
Work Location: Santa Clara, CA
Salary Range: $144,500 to $195,500
Avail Medsystems provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?