New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Service Engineer for our Software-Defined Microfactories you will have the chance to get in on the ground floor of Industry 4.0 and work in the revolutionary progression that is automated robotics.
This position is located in Buffalo, NY, supporting our systems full-time at our customer facility.
In this role you will be working as part of our Delivery and Customer Success team. You will be installing and engineering our robotic automation projects at one of our largest customer sites located in Buffalo, NY. You will be asked to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair our Bright Robotic Cells (BRCs). After on-the-job training in various locations, you will put your technical, mechanical, and electrical skills to use every day in new and challenging situations while you interact with a wide variety of people, machines, and settings.
Our ideal candidate is someone who likes to tinker, take things apart and figure out how they work. When asked if you like hardware or software, you say “yes”. You might have built robots, DIY projects with Raspberry Pi, or even a Rube Goldberg contraption. You believe robots need love too and are ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough issues. You want to get in on the most advanced AI and ML powered robots on the planet. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Due to the requirements of the role, must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Install, deploy, and support our Bright Robotic Cells (BRCs) at a large, key customer site
- Use diagnostic tools and customer feedback to assess hardware and software malfunctions
- Replace or repair worn or malfunctioning components and consumables; provide service report for service activity – including labor, travel, parts usage, and failure diagnostic details as needed
- Educate and train customers on device operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Provide excellent customer service, actively listen to customer concerns and address issues until customer is satisfied
- Update and maintain assigned machines per manufacturer specifications
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology and repair options by attending ongoing training events sponsored by company or manufacturers
- Be prepared and able to lift up to 50 pounds and ascend heights regularly
- Travel up to 10-40%, mostly for training and potentially international
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 5 or more years in a customer-facing technical role
- Associate degree (Mechanical or Electrical), Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Automation and robotic experience
- PLC familiarity and concepts within
- Familiarity with programming code
- Remote diagnostic experience
- Technical documentation experience (reading, creating, editing)
- Experience with HMI/PLC programming
- Understanding of tools and technologies needed to complete repairs
- Ability to repair and maintain robotic controllers, transfer devices, automation equipment, peripheral equipment and mechanical units
- Capable of following electrical and mechanical drawings
- Self-starter with ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Superb communication and customer service skills to assist clients over the phone, in the office and in person
- Practical experience building and applying troubleshooting technics solving issues on manufacturing lines
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience in an automation and robotics environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fanuc / Nachi familiarity
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.