Data Team Lead
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We at Bright Machines are responsible for defining and implementing the systems that make Software Defined Manufacturing possible. Our robots and software will be deployed in a variety of factory conditions and help support the manufacturing operations of some of the biggest names in the industry.
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled hands-on Data Team Lead to lead and expand our Data team. As the company is fast growing, the importance of reliable and scalable data infrastructure, as well as understanding complex data needs and providing business analysis on top of that is becoming critical.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. If you’re ready to apply exceptional engineering practices and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity to “Be Bright”.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and expand our data team
- Design and implement data pipelines, data warehousing, and data architecture to support our business needs
- Leading and driving technological innovation and finding advanced solutions for business needs and opportunities, including implementing BI and Big Data tools and products
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to understand data requirements and ensure that our data infrastructure and products support business goals
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- At least 4 years of experience in data and backend engineering, with at least 1 year in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, data schematizing, and ETL/ELT processes
- Knowledge and experience in establishing Data platforms and implementing data architecture (on-prem and cloud)
- Coding experience in high throughput real-time data processing as well as analytic systems - Python preferred
- Proven experience working with Data lake & Data warehouse technologies - such as Snowflake, Databricks
- Proven experience working with AWS/Azure cloud environment
- Proven experience in SQL
- Experienced with POCing different Big Data technologies and rolling out new solutions to a production environment
- Great ability to see the big picture and system architecture planning
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a relevant field
- Experience working directly with customers of your software
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members
- Experience with hardware systems
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.