Senior SW Engineer - Cloud
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Engineers at Bright Machines are responsible for defining and implementing the systems
that make software-defined manufacturing possible. Our robots and software will be deployed in a
variety of factory conditions and help support the manufacturing operations for some of the biggest
names in the industry.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way
companies build and produce products. If you’re ready to apply exceptional engineering practices
and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity
to “Be Bright”.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Be part of a team of talented Backend and Frontend developers
- Architect and build a highly scalable highly-available SaaS system for diversified and complex data flows
- Have end-to-end ownership: Design, build, ship, measure, and maintain our backend services
- Collaborates with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Demonstrate technical cloud architectural knowledge
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 8+ years in software development - Java, C#, Python (Java is advantage)
- Experience in designing and maintaining large-scale SaaS applications
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructures and architectures - AWS/Azure
- Deep familiarity with serverless and microservice architecture
- Experience designing with both NoSQL and relational databases
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience working directly with customers of your software
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders, and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members
- Experience with hardware systems
- Knowledge of Java, Quarkus, and Spring
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- DevOps skills such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- You think big
- You take ownership and drive change
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You are customer obsessed
- You thrive in a great team environment to always get the win
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.