Software Application Engineer / Machine Vision
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a top-notch Software Application Engineer specializing in Machine vision to be a part of our automation team in Guadalajara delivering our products and solutions to our customers in the region.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Software architecture design and programming
- GUI & HMI design and implementation
- API’s & integration with ERP, shop-floor management systems and machine controls (PLC’s, drivers, industrial communications protocols)
- Vision system programming
- Robotics applications
- Support machine vision systems commissioning, qualification, and de-bugging
- Automatic data gathering, statistics, analytics and representation through reports & dashboards
- Create and maintain related controlled documentation (logics & functional schematics, state machines, business scenarios, sequencing & timing diagrams, process flows, acceptance test procedures, technical/operational/maintenance manuals)
- Manage the software configuration control and release
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Software-Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- A Machine Vision Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
- Design of machine vision solutions
- Advanced vision systems handling and programming experience
- Experience with image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Experience with 3rd party imaging tools/APIs/SDKs such as MIL (Matrox imaging library), MVtec, NI Vision Builder, Matlab, OpenCV, or other open-source libraries is desired
- Desirable PLC logic & programming, troubleshooting, and configuration with industry-leading vendors such as (Beckhoff, Wago, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley)
- Desirable Familiarity with Codesys and/or Twincat-3 PLC software development tools
- Ability to program in structured text language
- Multi-disciplinary systems, multi-software platforms
- Ability to program in at least one high level language, such as C#, Visual Basic or C++, Python
- Ability to Object Oriented Programming
- Machine learning and Deep learning knowledge are desirable
- Web-based applications
- Remote monitoring applications
- Data gathering, data analytics, reporting and dashboarding
- Technically savvy, systems-oriented, great attitude toward machines, processes, and controls
- Serial & Bus Communication protocols: Ethernet/Profinet, RS232/422/485, Modbus, CAN Open, EtherCAT, Profibus, TCP/IP and others
- Passionate and creative, hands-on, love to code
- Well organized, pays attention to detail, methodical
- High level of English – oral and written
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.